First run on newly modified Kamado electric grill, now pizza oven...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dernektambura

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Kitchener, Ontario...
First run sunce I switched Kamado Vision from charcoal to electric heating... Home made Italian Cappriosa pizza... installed my smoke generator to give pizza that wood fired smoke kick... very happy with performance alltho. I will install small 500watts heat element inside exhaust pane to be able to brown top off the food if need to...
20191124_164530.jpg
20191124_164538.jpg
20191124_165255.jpg
20191124_164943.jpg
20191124_164023.jpg
20191124_165917.jpg
20191124_170142.jpg
20191124_171659.jpg

Nice setup and a tasty looking pizza. What temp are you getting your stone to? Getting that perfect upper and low temp took me a fair while.

I had a hard job trying to get pizzas made from fresh dough not to stick to the peel, I ended up getting a steel pizza peel and using Corn flour or semolina and it just slides straight off now.

I only use my wooden peel for serving when cooked.

Reactions: dernektambura
Nice look'in pie. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Normally wood peels are for launching/sliding pies because the wood grain texture helps break surface tension, steel peels are for turning . Try a 50/50 mixture of corn meal and flour. I use corn flour in place of regular flour on my peels because it doesn't burn as bad and leave that nasty burnt flour taste.
Sorry, I'm a complete pizza nerd, use whatever works best for you.

Reactions: dernektambura
Nice setup and a tasty looking pizza. What temp are you getting your stone to? Getting that perfect upper and low temp took me a fair while.

I had a hard job trying to get pizzas made from fresh dough not to stick to the peel, I ended up getting a steel pizza peel and using Corn flour or semolina and it just slides straight off now.

I only use my wooden peel for serving when cooked.
Tempeture @ 225 deg C ...(430 to 440 F..)..
using cooking parchment paper to slide pizza off of pizza peel..., cooking pizza on parchment paper so back of the pizza dough gets nice brown color and won't burn... no need to sprinkle pizza stone with flour...also, installed 13" diameter- 1/4" tick steel plate between heater and pizza stone to create indirect cooking environment ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jabiru
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky