First Cook Video

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think you just didn't cook it long enough, and next time I would use a butt instead of a picnic. They are very forgiving & temp fluctuations between 225 & 300 are acceptable.
I smoke my butts at 270-280.
Other than that it sure looks good!
Al

Last edited:
Reactions: HarleySmoker417
Thanks for the input Al, I have a second cook video that is a Butt just working on editing, and you are correct it is much more forgiving.

Nice video! Ive been wanting to try a couple you tube videos.

I am not familiar UDS, but I use a FireBoard thermometer with a fan controller, Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) on my COS. Its pricey, but well worth the investment... basically maintains the temp for you. I agree with Al, butts are where its at. I still do picnics, but I always remove the skin. (I know this defeats the point some lol)

Good first go though! Like!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky