First Butt (pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

3beagle78

Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
Southwest Louisiana
This is my first butt. Rubbed it with mustard and tony chachere's yesterday.
I put it on at 3:05am, I plan on foiling at 160 and then taking it to 200 to pull.
I'm using mainly pecan and a little mesquite wood.
705a4792_vbattach13557.jpg

b62eae55_vbattach13558.jpg

382cb1d8_vbattach13556.jpg

That looks good. I was so happy when I did my first butt. Was awsome.
Good luck. Sittin on my 9th hour with a brisket right now.

Your pics are looking good, Isn't this site just great, I cooked my third butt last night and we just ate most of it. I couldn't have done it without the help from these wonderful cooks on here.
The wife said she wants me to start doing one every weekend now. Looks like I have started something, but I am looking forward to my next one already. It's addicting.

I just have to get me a good meat thermometer.

Turned out great very tender and juicy. Pulled some and put BBQ sauce on it and left some in bigger chunks. It was a 7 pounder and took 9 and a half hours. Have to try a brisket next.
d81e9a5b_vbattach13564.jpg

3eef4e99_vbattach13565.jpg

I've said it once but I'll say it again. Nice butt!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky