First Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Vic that looks good but like Eman said you really need to cook to temp. No leftovers means you did not cook enough
biggrin.gif

Great thread! I'm still learning about brisket too. I haven't made a decent one yet. Yours looks really nice and juicy with a great smoke ring. Thanks for sharing. I was also wondering about the fat cap, up or down. I had mine up, took it to 195F and it was still like eating a leather shoe.

I am surprised yours was so tough.  Next time I plan to do my fat cap up and see how it goes.  I know when I wrapped it in foil it was VERY juicy 
icon_wink.gif

I find when cooking flats it is harder to get them both tender and juicy. That being said I have found a great way to cheat on flats. I cook to 190-195 intenal temp. then toss it into a crock pot with all the juices for a couple of hours. Comes out nice and tender and juicy, just takes longer.

I find when cooking flats it is harder to get them both tender and juicy. That being said I have found a great way to cheat on flats. I cook to 190-195 intenal temp. then toss it into a crock pot with all the juices for a couple of hours. Comes out nice and tender and juicy, just takes longer.
Great idea - what temp do you set the CP too?

Great idea - what temp do you set the CP too?
Usually put it on low for about 4-5 hrs., first time I ever did it was when I was given a well trimmed flat. I smoke it till the internal temp hit 195° and let it rest, and was not happy with the tenderness. So I tossed it into the CP with all the drippings and 4 hrs. later it was great! Moist, tender, and still had all its smokey goodnes.

Good night, man!!!! That is a beautiful looking brisket!
icon_eek.gif
  The juices glistening, the purty smoke ring...oh man! What's the name of the meat market? I'm in Athens but may do a day trip out to May-retta one day real soon! Well done...(no pun intended)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky