First Brats & Bologna !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WHB Those sure look good, did you smoke them the whole time in Smoker, oh by the way that smoker is way tooooo clean LOL 

Nice job 

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS

WHB Those sure look good, did you smoke them the whole time in Smoker, oh by the way that smoker is way tooooo clean LOL 

Nice job 

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS

Thanks DS, I did do the smoker the whole time starting low & bumping every hour until desired IT ! Appreciate the kind words....

I know what ya mean by the smoker looking clean, I like a good ol seasoned one ! This was the first few smokes & now it's starting to smell kinda like a real smoker....LOL ! Just needs broke in ! We'll just keep smokin til it's broke in & beyond !

Thanks again DS !

oh by the way that smoker is way tooooo clean LOL 

He might be one of "THOSE" people.........

Probably makes those poor little kids scrub and clean his smoker and pit when off camera.

LOL, close Foam.... They have to clean the probes, grates, water pan, garage wall & ceilings as well as the floor & window ! LOL

But I like a seasoned smoker, so I give em a break on that ! :biggrin:

Thanks for the heads up, Justin!!

I can't believe this one eluded me all this time!
confused.gif

Both types look mighty Tasty!!
drool.gif

Nice Job!!!
icon14.gif

Bear

Hey Justin...I'm late to the party, but wow!!  Looks delicious Brother!

drool.gif

Nicely done my friend!!  
icon14.gif

Red

Hi Justin,

Glad to see you having so much fun with your sausage-making equipment!  I'm impressed at all the different sausage runs you've done so far!  The cross sectional picture of your bologna, especially, looks really nice.  

I probably have missed some of your postings, so I'm not sure if you have tried cased sausages using hog or sheep casings yet?  If not, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how the snap of a nice hog casing really elevates a bratwurst from good to excellent.  

Hope you and your family are all doing well, and have a great weekend!
Clarissa

I'm going to have to stop looking at this thread !!!

Gary

Thanks for the heads up, Justin!!

I can't believe this one eluded me all this time!:confused:

Both types look mighty Tasty!!:drool

Nice Job!!!Thumbs Up

Bear

Thanks Bear, sure appreciate it !

Hi Justin,

Glad to see you having so much fun with your sausage-making equipment!  I'm impressed at all the different sausage runs you've done so far!  The cross sectional picture of your bologna, especially, looks really nice.  

I probably have missed some of your postings, so I'm not sure if you have tried cased sausages using hog or sheep casings yet?  If not, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how the snap of a nice hog casing really elevates a bratwurst from good to excellent.  

Hope you and your family are all doing well, and have a great weekend!

Clarissa

Thanks so much Clarissa, my next adventure is going to be the natural casings... This sausage making is addictive ! :biggrin:

What a terrific thread. I am so glad I didn't miss it. You have inspired me to try bologna! Thanks, Justin.

points1.png

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky