Fireman’s chicken thighs and veggie kabobs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Well after a ton of yard work it was time to grill. I’ve been craving some firemen’s chicken thighs using Pops marinade recipe. https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/ams/firemans-chicken-variation-of-cornell-chicken.9894/ Whipped up a triple batch yesterday and marinaded two big packs of thighs overnight. Threw together some veggie kabobs of zuchinni, yellow squash, red onion and mini sweet peppers. Seasoned simply with salt, pepper, garlic and Rosemary. Into the Lang chargrill. A few pics of the day
E8E36779-8452-4F83-925A-6904CBC38A60.jpeg
DF9D0FDC-F039-4358-A158-2B6E40A95282.jpeg
374508B1-D900-4802-BFE4-8AA469904397.jpeg
32440422-C8E5-41B1-AA39-590FCE62EBC8.jpeg
3C97A99D-363C-4121-9047-45170F031FBF.jpeg
Didn’t get a pic of the chicken cooking, fill time job manning flare ups lol. The smell of it cooking is intoxicating. Thanks for looking!

Ditto what Mike said. That looks great Jeff.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: jcam222
Looks good. How do you like the char grill. I still haven’t used mine. Do you throw wood in or use another source for fuel

Looks good. How do you like the char grill. I still haven’t used mine. Do you throw wood in or use another source for fuel
I use lump charcoal and to be honest I hate it. I literally just can’t come up with one good thing about it. First the two shelf design is literally impossible to actually use. If the top shelf’s in there is no chance you can turn things on the bottom middle to the back. Temp control is HORRID. Seems to like to either run cold or 450-500. The only way I’ve found I can get use of it is two zone indirect. I haven’t found many folks who have good things to say. It’s pretty shocking as I can rave about the smoker all day long! I’ll be curious to see what you think of it. Saw a guy post on the Lang FB group thst he’s converting his to a Santa Maria. Cool concept. I’d like to do thst or chop it off and add a Meadowcreek chicken cooker on it maybe.

Wow Jeff. Everything looks awesome! I did some legs on the barrel grill yesterday. Just simple brine all day and they where so good.

Now that is a great summer time cook right there. Beautiful thighs and all the colorful veggies!

Jim

Awesome Jeff . That chicken looks just as it should . Nice work bud .

That's almost an understatement . Nothing like it . Mid 60's backyard BBQ .
I'm over due .
Yep old school for sure. Thanks!
The look of it is intoxicating, I can only imagine the smell...:emoji_grinning:
The smell of that marinade hitting the coals has peoples heads popping out doors like woodchucks from their holes lol
We eat with our eyes. That looks stellar. Nice work Jeff.
Thanks so much!
As always Jeff great looking batch of food

We love thighs here and yours look wonderful ( the chicken thighs ) lol :emoji_laughing:

David
Haha thanks David
Wow great cook as usual Jeff !
I'd love to have a plate of those thighs !

Keith
I always have extras!
Now that is a great summer time cook right there. Beautiful thighs and all the colorful veggies!

Jim
Thanks Jim. Can’t wait for fresh veggies instead of the store.
Beautiful cook Jeff, looks like all came out perfect! RAY
Thanks Ray! Was overall pleased, mauve should have tool thighs off about 5 -10 degrees sooner but were tender and tasty.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky