• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Finished Update: Friday Night Smoke w/ Qview

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 29, 2009
Well, I hope you guy's and gal's don't get tired of me taking pic's of the same thing over and over, Butt maybe some newbie's may learn somethin' or not. Smokin 8 Butts and 1 Brisket with lump and hickory on 2 WSM's.

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 20, 2010
Bring on the pics RibKing, I never get tired of lookin at butts!

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
You having a party this weekend?? Got a big family???

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
8 Butts?? Is everybody getting one for Christmas? (That's what my brother is getting!)

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now thats a whole lots a butts there RPking. Keep the Q-view a coming.

deannc

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 13, 2010
Looking forward to more Qview when you start getting those finished up.

Never get tire of Qview, keep posting them!  

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 29, 2009
So, here we are at 14 hours, I took the Brisket off at 14 1/2 hours IT185*. Butts still have some time the smoker. These butts were smaller than I usually get, however they still take many hours. I have been having longggg stalls lately.

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
Looking Great!!! 

Like others have said, I never get tierd of looking at pics.

Thanks for sharing.

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 29, 2009
Well, I smoked the brisket for a guy at work and he came and picked it up whole, sorry no sliced pic's. Pulled Pork tasted awesome, I wish everyone could of been here. I made the rub a little more spicy than normal, so when you get a little bark there is a little zing. I have noticed that on my older WSM the meat comes more darker on the inside than my newer WSM. Does anyone have any ideas on why this would happen?

Thanks for Lookin'.

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
That is one great looking smoke man. I don't know why one would be darker that the other unless you have some smoke build up on the inside of the old one that affects the color -

Did you forget my invite? It never came in the mail

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.