Finished Update: Friday Night Smoke w/ Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 29, 2009
Northern, Indiana
Well, I hope you guy's and gal's don't get tired of me taking pic's of the same thing over and over, Butt maybe some newbie's may learn somethin' or not. Smokin 8 Butts and 1 Brisket with lump and hickory on 2 WSM's.
1bf4ca89_000_0330.jpg
c828d22d_000_0331.jpg

You having a party this weekend?? Got a big family???

icon_cool.gif

Now thats a whole lots a butts there RPking. Keep the Q-view a coming.

So, here we are at 14 hours, I took the Brisket off at 14 1/2 hours IT185*. Butts still have some time the smoker. These butts were smaller than I usually get, however they still take many hours. I have been having longggg stalls lately.
4f655881_000_0332.jpg
fd4783eb_000_0333.jpg

Looking Great!!! 

Like others have said, I never get tierd of looking at pics.

Thanks for sharing.

Well, I smoked the brisket for a guy at work and he came and picked it up whole, sorry no sliced pic's. Pulled Pork tasted awesome, I wish everyone could of been here. I made the rub a little more spicy than normal, so when you get a little bark there is a little zing. I have noticed that on my older WSM the meat comes more darker on the inside than my newer WSM. Does anyone have any ideas on why this would happen?
06370d05_000_0334.jpg

Thanks for Lookin'.

That is one great looking smoke man. I don't know why one would be darker that the other unless you have some smoke build up on the inside of the old one that affects the color -

Did you forget my invite? It never came in the mail
9a7a9614_lol1.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky