1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Finished Pulled Pork on a RecTec

Discussion in 'Pork' started by hagewood91, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Once a month at a local grocery/butcher shop, they have a truckload meat sale, where they bring in tractor trailer loads of meat and you walk through the truck and pick your meat out. I really enjoy this sale as you get some pretty good deals. Picked up 2 of butts, 2 slabs of ribs, and some full beef tenderloin for around $75. I trimmed up one of the two butts, covered it with Rib Lickers Rub, and put it on the RecTec at 225 before I left to go hunting. 12 hours later, I pulled it, wrapped it and allowed it to rest for a couple hours before shredding and devouring it. One of the prettier butts I have done lately. I am very pleased with the bark the RecTec produced, as well as the smoke flavor. This was also my first butt using the Rib Licker Rub, I was very pleased with it also and will have to get some more! Butt with Claws 10.22.2017.jpg Half Shredded Butt 10.22.2017.jpg

2. smokin218r

smokin218r Smoking Fanatic

Nice Looking PP!!
    Glad you are enjoying the Rec Tec!
    I love mine and use it for everything.

3. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That's real good looking pulled pork. Nice job.
    POINT
    Gary

4. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Nice looking PP!
    It looks delicious!
    Al

5. Thanks guys. Really am enjoying it. Going to do some Ribs this weekend!

6. idahopz

idahopz Smoking Fanatic

Looks really good

7. sauced

sauced Master of the Pit

Great looking PP!!