Finished Pulled Pork on a RecTec

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hagewood91

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
Once a month at a local grocery/butcher shop, they have a truckload meat sale, where they bring in tractor trailer loads of meat and you walk through the truck and pick your meat out. I really enjoy this sale as you get some pretty good deals. Picked up 2 of butts, 2 slabs of ribs, and some full beef tenderloin for around $75. I trimmed up one of the two butts, covered it with Rib Lickers Rub, and put it on the RecTec at 225 before I left to go hunting. 12 hours later, I pulled it, wrapped it and allowed it to rest for a couple hours before shredding and devouring it. One of the prettier butts I have done lately. I am very pleased with the bark the RecTec produced, as well as the smoke flavor. This was also my first butt using the Rib Licker Rub, I was very pleased with it also and will have to get some more!
Butt with Claws 10.22.2017.jpg
Half Shredded Butt 10.22.2017.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky