Finally snowing in Dirtlandia!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Well we're finally getting snow and a cold snap! The weather people are saying up to 5' in the mountains over the next three days. We need that. Gonna get 8"-12" in town tonight. I decided that it would be good to have grilled cheese and soup. Started thawing what I thought was navy bean soup. Nope Dutch's wicked beans. So I guess it's grilled cheese and beans!

I am tired of the snow. Give me spring. Its been a long and cold winter here.

We got a little rain down here in Central California, too.

But not enough.

Probably going to be 500,000 acres of farm land going fallow due to lack of water.

We are still sending water to the ocean to rehab the rivers and try to bring back salmon.

Meanwhile?  Less farming.  And thousands of people out of work.

Government missing out on all that tax revenue.  Doesn't matter, cause, they can always raise taxes on the few who still work.

Wonder why people are moving out of state?

Good luck and good smoking.

What, you folks out there in Oregon do not want the snow we have here in Our neck of the woods in the east anymore?  We got lots and I am sure lots of folks around here would let you take it away and pay you to do so!

We have been discussing this here - http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/156934/send-me-some-of-your-snow#post_1130485

Well what we really don't want here are the fires. So we need the snow!!! Come summer if we want to smoke we can't have burn bans!!!

Yep this is much needed. Been the weirdest winter!
Seems like its been a weird winter for several regions of the country this year.  Here in Oklahoma we are used to having pretty mild winters with maybe a couple of jags of winter weather.  This has been a particularly harsh winter for us (although nothing like you folks in the Northeast and Midwest are getting), with several major snow and ice storms already...and the meteorology nerds are saying the worst is yet to come.

And I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that y'all over on the Left Coast get some much needed precip real soon...just hopefully not all at once to start buildings sliding into the Pacific!

Red

Last edited:
Well what we really don't want here are the fires. So we need the snow!!! Come summer if we want to smoke we can't have burn bans!!!
Well like I say, there are probably more than few million folks out on the right cost, both north and south of the Border, who would Let you take the snow, as much as you want as far as you want, because it is getting to point here, we are running out of places to put the snow.  Heck, I bet some folks folks wouild even pay you folks that need it, to take their snow, out this way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky