Finally Got a Chance To Make Some More Dried Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well I got Okie kin who live real close to Missouri so somebody is going to have show me that knife you got is better than my always super sharp Forschner 6" curved boner made by yummin yimmines over in Sweden or maybe Switzerland or some other country in that area which Starts with an S. . I can cut steaks off a humming birds lips using that knife..lol.

Ok the eye of round has been back in the smoker for a while now this morning. Smoker temp 160 again but In about 2 hours I will start raising it & probe the meat to keep an eye on the IT.

More pics & updates to follow...

cheers.gif
cheers.gif
cheers.gif
cheers.gif
cheers.gif

Smoking B, man what a job on that !! Lookin forward to the finished pics.... Y'all on this site just make me wanna try a whole lotta new stuff in the smoker... I need to take a month off work and just smoke good food !! :ROTF. Very nice SB !! Thumbs Up

Justin

Very nice. Those temps sound vaguely similar to a fresh picnic. It gets much past 190 it goes from unsalty sliceable ham to hammy textured pushed pork.

Smoking B, man what a job on that !! Lookin forward to the finished pics.... Y'all on this site just make me wanna try a whole lotta new stuff in the smoker... I need to take a month off work and just smoke good food !!
ROTF.gif
. Very nice SB !!
icon14.gif

Justin
Thanks Justin 
smile.gif
 My house smells really good now that I've brought it inside - I'm counting down the seconds till I can sample it tomorrow...

Today is the day to finish the dried beef - sample, slice, sample, bag & sample. 

I got out the trusty Hobart 
PDT_Armataz_01_42.gif
   & sanitized the necessary parts.

Back together & ready for action.

Well I sliced up the dried beef & it turned out very good! Nice & smoky, dry & salty - just like it is supposed to be. It is also getting the iridescent sheen 
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky