No Katz a Snake will have to do.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Took the cherry one to a different neighbor. Hot honey stays home. Now we wait for the pastrami.
IMG_6704.jpeg
IMG_6698.jpeg
IMG_6696.jpeg

Took one to the next town over and on way home the recipient called saying he had to try it. Said it was fantastic. My wife gave them a sourdough roll she baked too. I got home snd wanted to test it also. Dang it’s pretty good. Into fridge now until tomorrow when it will be sliced for sandwiches.
IMG_6721.jpeg
IMG_6720.jpeg

I could come pick one up and slice it for me, I mean you!

Looks great!

I like the thought behind that rub. Most pastrami has 10x too much coriander in it for me. I've gotten into the habit of adding a few extra coriander seeds to the brine and just using mustard and black pepper for the rub. Montreal would be interesting, especially with that small of an amount. The half teaspoon coriander in your version I could live with.

Reactions: flatbroke
I could come pick one up and slice it for me, I mean you!

Looks great!

I like the thought behind that rub. Most pastrami has 10x too much coriander in it for me. I've gotten into the habit of adding a few extra coriander seeds to the brine and just using mustard and black pepper for the rub. Montreal would be interesting, especially with that small of an amount. The half teaspoon coriander in your version I could live with.
Thanks. You do a great job slicing and I would welcome it!

Reactions: smokin peachey
That certainly looks much better than any supermarket pastrami! I am curious, what photo(s) is/are the Wagyu pastrami?

Reactions: flatbroke
If i read everything right they all are , and all done the same.

David
Correct. I was expecting the fat to be really pronounced and was let down a little in that regard. I was hoping it would be this morning when the meat cooled but it was not. The taste is great. I won’t know what the I gave away looked like but I still have another chunk to slice in to. Fingers crossed.

Looks good to me, and yes more fat might make it look like other pastrami , but I bet it tastes great
and i would fill up a big sub bun full of it with mustard and onions, just saying :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum: :emoji_sunglasses:

David
Oh heck yes. It’s gonna be on like a pot of neck bones!! Thank you.

Correct. I was expecting the fat to be really pronounced and was let down a little in that regard. I was hoping it would be this morning when the meat cooled but it was not. The taste is great. I won’t know what the I gave away looked like but I still have another chunk to slice in to. Fingers crossed.
For some reason I thought that two of the three rounds was NOT a Wagyu, and one of the three did look very well marbled so I was curious to see the results of the well-marbled cut if you kept track of what was what. The bark looks perfect, as well as the cook, but it is very hard to taste a sample from pictures :emoji_sunglasses: They look great!

For some reason I thought that two of the three rounds was NOT a Wagyu, and one of the three did look very well marbled so I was curious to see the results of the well-marbled cut if you kept track of what was what. The bark looks perfect, as well as the cook, but it is very hard to taste a sample from pictures :emoji_sunglasses: They look great!
Thanks. I tried to keep them in order and i believe the one you are talking about is the unmolested roast in the fridge.

Those sliced pics look good. You can see lines of marbling in the meat so it is probably one of the wagyu rounds. Interested to know how the wagyu and non-wagyu roasts compared.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky