Finale outcome of the first cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HarleySmoker417

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 31, 2018
Branson MO
First what you guys are looking for,
20180911_094311.jpg
20180911_173359.jpg
20180911_180430.jpg

I think I might have gone a little heavy on the rub didn't get as much smoke penetration as I was looking for. I did have a minimal Smoke Ring once I started shredding into it but only on the shank end. I think that this might also be due to the temperature fluctuations that you guys so graciously help me out with today. It does taste pretty good but not exactly what I was looking for. Hope you guys enjoy looking at my meat. o_O

Looks real good to me.

Point for sure.

Chris

It is a rub that I have used for roasts In the past, it has granulated onion and garlic, paprika, basil and some other spices. It is really good on a roast I was trying it on this I think I went a little heavy on it I will try try again and go lighter with it.

Sorry Jeff.... This was my first really smoke and it didn't turn out the way I expected... Once I get a grip an invite will be extended.

Sure looks good , bet it taste the same . The more you use the smoker the better the flavor . Nice work , enjoy .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky