Favorite Winter Beers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dont mind the Granville pale ale. Did not like the Winter ale at all. We are all so spoiled with beer choices these days though, eh?

The winter ale is not for everyone. I find it is best in a glass at room temperature and just sipping on it slowly on a cold day. Then after a couple you go back to your regular beer.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Vacationing in Florida and sampling my way through local brews.
So far my favorite Cigar City Jai Alai out of Tampa.
Thought I liked SweetWater from Atlanta, but after a few rounds of 4 of their signature blends, they taste too much the same.

My daughter bought me some crowlers for my birthday. Junkyard Brewery in Moorhead MN is now my favorite "stand in line" artisan brewery. Stand in line because they have such a limited production that customers do stand in line to get a crowler or 2 of a new release.
They have some Junkyard crawlers at Apple Valley liquor (MN). What is your favorite common beer they have??? Thanks!

Reactions: Fueling Around
Steel Hands Coffee Lager or Frothy Beard Sip, Sip, Pass. The Sip, Sip, Pass is a higher gravity beer...

Grabbed a Junkyard single hop double IPA. Very good I'll have to try more of their stuff! Good recommendation.
We'll be heading there this summer, but mostly for the restaurant in the same building, Sol Ave. Kitchen
Restaurant got featured on Food Network and wife wanted to go there. Loved the food!
Junkyard is open more in the summer with outdoor seating and it appears one can cross over with food. I'll have to ask daughter, she's a chip off the ol' block on beer drinking.

My son lives in central ND and stopped there on a trip home to pick up a $300 care package for friends

Damn that's impressive. I live about three hours away. Just lucky a beer store by here has their crowlers!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky