Favorite Beer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

There are very few beers I've found that I don't like.  A well crafted brew is usually good to me.  I may prefer one over another in a certain situation,but I just like the taste of beer.
Here is an oddity for you. I have Welsh/English genealogy.  I prefer English ales. I love IPAs, porters, stouts.  My wife has german genealogy and she has an affinity for Belgium and german beers. She likes bock, Hefeweizen, pilsner, and lager. Go figure.

Craft beer abounds down under but output so small it won't ever get to the USA.

Young Henry's because its brewed 10 minutes from my house & on tap at the BBQ joint Bovine & Swine.

Recently discovered Hitachino Nest from Japan ,range of beers cost to much but I cant take beer  or $ to heaven or hell. 

Its got quite a back story brewed a few hours north of Tokyo. I am in Tokyo in January & they have a brewery bar not far from the fish market so I will be in there like a rat up a drainpipe.

Yebisu is also nice especially their dark ale. Owned by Sapporo.

Coopers still my choice of bigger company beer . 

So far no mention of Schell's  in New Ulm Minnesota but its probably due to a limited area in the North Central US that its available.  If I have to choose it would be the Dark or the Deer Brand. I recently was at the Octoberfest held in New Ulm and toured the Brewery. 155 years old, second oldest family owned brewery in the US.

Reactions: thomaswalls
So far no mention of Schell's  in New Ulm Minnesota but its probably due to a limited area in the North Central US that its available.  If I have to choose it would be the Dark or the Deer Brand. I recently was at the Octoberfest held in New Ulm and toured the Brewery. 155 years old, second oldest family owned brewery in the US.
have had August Schells and it is not bad. Worst part of outdated cans... I live in central WI so we have it available and I am always trying new beer bUT only got 1 good flavored/tasting beers. I didn't mind the maibock. My favorite draft is yuengling and I'll drink that whenever I'm near and bring some bottles home. I love new Glarus beers and recommend if your close come try them. Stone Arch Scottish Ale is my favorite local city brewery beer.
Cheers

I'm generally drinking what I have on tap. Currently I have a Brett Saison, Centennial IPA (using my homegrown hops), a rauchbier, and a cream ale.

I have a mini fridge stocked with random stuff. Usually Sierra Nevada's Pale ale, and Miller Lite can always be found in there.

1. Tioga-Sequoia Brewing. Favorites are Half Dome wheat, Fire fall Red Ale & Smoke Chaser Cherry Wood Smoked Barley Wine.

2. Sam Adams. Love Cherry wheat.

3. Ballast point, Stone & Firestone

4. Last resort Budweiser, Coors Light & Rolling rock.

Love micro brews, except for the spicy stouts.

I've got 6 pork butts this weekend, going to pick up couple breakfast brews.
sausage.gif

Living in Southcentral PA, I love a good dark porter/ale. ABC's Scottish Ale and the Warehouse Bistro's (Hanover, PA) Screaming Peacock are tough to beat. If you're ever in the area, check them out. Both breweries have some other good beers and food. Definitely worth it!

During the warm months, my go to beer is Payette Brewing "North Fork Lager". In cooler months, I gravitate more towards IPAs like Sockeye "Dagger Falls". During the holidays, Sierra Nevada "Celebration Ale" is about the only beer I drink.

The only list that matters is the number one spot:

1. Guinness

The rest is a list of distant relatives:

2. Miller Lite

3. Genesee Cream Ale

4. Yeungling 

After that...does it really matter?  Ice cold always works for me - as long as it isn't IPA or hipster-hoppy garbage.

There's a local brewery here in Charleston, WV that is doing a pretty good job on porters, stouts and ales.  Only one we've ever had and it is just a few years old.

Well that figures. I join a meat smoking forum and the first post i make is in a thread about beer. Oh well

I have so many favorites and I think it changes from week to week but Id say the two beers I drink the most often is 

1. Dales Pale Ale

2. PBR

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky