Favorite Beer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My all time favorite comes from the state of Victoria in the country of Australia.  It is James Squire Amber Ale.

Here in the US I drink more Shiner Bock than any other beer but that is probably because the liquor stores here all have it available for pick up in kegs without a need to pre order it AND the fact that it is great.

My favorite summer time beer:  Dos XX

My favorite exotic beer:  Worthington Cream Flow (nitro pour) - Smooth, silky, good amber tasting, and the foam was crazy, it wasn't too much foam or head on a beer it was simply always there and would coat the entire pint glass and sit there with every drink. Had it in London.

Alternative/Special Occasion Beers:

-A good German Dunkel

-Paulaner Octoberfest

-Corona Familiar (1 liter bottles from Mexico, not the clear bottle stuff made here in the US)

-Rogue Dead Guy Ale

-Bunkerhill Blueberry Ale (Boston Beerworks brew pub outside of Fenway Park) - Never thought I would order or drink a beer with fruit in it much less really enjoy it, but this is the one :)

Another seasonal favorite is just about done this year's run. Troeg's Nugget Nectar. Great stuff, definitely a hoppy beer, but not to the point of being super bitter. Usually it's available only in January/February, I was lucky enough to find a leftover 6 pack today at the store.

Last weekend I brewed up a SNPA and another batch today.

Next weekend I plan on brewing either a Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA, Bell's 2 Hearted American IPA, or maybe even an Arrogant Bastard Ale. I hope to get another 10 gallons of German-style Hefe Weizen in before the end of the month or in the first week in April.

lol I brewed a pliny clone while i was in germany. I lot of the folks out there that I let try it hated it. Ive never had an actual pliny so i had nothing to compare it to but I thought mine was pretty damn good.

Last edited:
This time of year in Mississippi, anything that's cold. Late fall through winter I like the heftier stuff, stouts, porters etc. Gotta Get Up To Get Down is a coffee milk stout from up the road in Memphis that I like a lot.

I have two favorite kinds of beer, cold and free! Either one of those two options I can work with. If I happen upon a situation that has cold and free beer, all the better. Seriously though I enjoy trying every beer I can find. If I haven't had it I want to try it.

I'm a pure hop-head from Minnesota. My current favorite is a local brew Surly: Furious. My other go to is whatever is cheapest between, Summit IPA, Redhook IPA, Sierra Nevada IPA. All three are similar but slightly different. Summit is a local BIG brewery.

I used to work remotely for a company in Eden Prairie, so I would get some Surly every time that I visited the boss. Never got to visit the brewery and take the tour, which I regret. I don't miss working for that company, but I did enjoy the occasional Surly!

My favorite subject (besides the kids, of course)! My go to beer is Black Butte Porter from Deschutes Brewery in Bend Oregon. However 2 years ago Santa gave me a beer of the month club subscription and I've been loving beer from all over the world since.

I'm mostly a double IPA guy. My garage beer is Stone IPA. Roughtail Hoptometrist is probably the best double IPA for me because it's local and fresh. Those guys have a seriously strong hop game going on. Right now, drinking a Doom bourbon barrel aged imperial IPA.

mmmm...beer!

My go to in terms of quantity is Sweetwater 420. We have a growing microbrew community here in Central FL, Cigar City Brewing being one of the more widely known options. Their Jai Alai IPA is a darn good sip. I find myself drawn to IPAs mostly nowadays, though a good stout is always welcomed. Not too many in America seem to brew this selection, but an ESB is another favorite when found

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky