Favorite beer while smoking and/or eating BBQ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well, it’s not my favorite... but it’s pretty tasty.

Attachments

• E5191908-2D4B-434C-9627-4FFB4AACBF4C.jpeg
    E5191908-2D4B-434C-9627-4FFB4AACBF4C.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Changes by the season. If I'm smoking now, it's going to be a couple nice IPA's before switching to something domestic so I make it through my cook. As it gets cooler I may switch to a nice Maker's on the rocks to keep me warm.

I like IPAs just fine, not while cooking on the smoker and not more than 2 in a row. They are just too heavy of a beer and don't go well with BBQ. I gravitate toward pilsners or lagers while cooking on the smoker and after eating maybe a bourbon or two. On a long cook strong beers can result in bad BBQ from a drunken cook!

I like IPAs just fine, not while cooking on the smoker and not more than 2 in a row. They are just too heavy of a beer and don't go well with BBQ. I gravitate toward pilsners or lagers while cooking on the smoker and after eating maybe a bourbon or two. On a long cook strong beers can result in bad BBQ from a drunken cook!

I never drank a smoke I didn't hold beer...
Wait....
I never held a smoke I didn't beer a drank...
I...
I'm glad I got to a set it and forget it stage of life...
More time to drink beer.
It's an essential safety factor. Ice Cold Beer held over a burn is BBQ First Aid.

On a long cook strong beers can result in bad BBQ from a drunken cook!

+1 At couple of times I had smokes that lasted ALOT longer than I planned and kept saying "one more beer" and that did not end well. I'm trashed, meat in the stall nowhere near done, and hours past bedtime. Good times... Most times I don't smoke when I drink SonnyE SonnyE

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky