1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Favorite beer while smoking and/or eating BBQ?

Discussion in 'Beer & Ale' started by Derek717, Apr 10, 2018.

1. It's in Mississippi too!

HalfSmoked likes this.
  2. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

For sure my go to ravenclan

Warren

3. Neo

Neo Newbie

2 Gingers with a Miller Lite side car!

ravenclan likes this.
  4. Yuengling is made like 2.5 hours from me. It's alright.. I drink it when I'm feeling cheap as it's usually like $2.50 a pint during a happy hour. Premium is coal country beer 100% and gross! Their porter is pretty good. It is cool that they are a very old long lasting brewery as very many from that time are only in history books. Troegs brewing is about 30 mins from me and they make excellent beers, although they have gravitated toward mostly IPAs now days.

5. ravenclan

ravenclan Smoking Fanatic

my wife and i are ex military and my buddies are also. my one friend is from PA and he is the one who introduced me to Yuengling beer. he went home and came back with about five cases! So now when i go east of the Mississippi river i look for it and Thats about all i will drink when i am out that way. I guess since we can't get it's like a treat for us.

Oklahoma just changes the alcohol law to sell "high" point beer instead of just the 3.2 % so hopefully we will get more options.

6. Sounds like your state legislator is run by Mennonites kinda like PA. We have of recent now been able to buy beer at the grocery stores. I like Maine, you can go to the grocery store or walmart and buy beer, wine or liquor, no stopping at a special store to buy those items.

7. R Blum

R Blum Smoke Blower

Octoberfest time of year. Love the Sam Adams Octoberfest beer.

Smoke23 and Skidog1 like this.
  8. pushok2018

pushok2018 Newbie

IPA and IPA only! Well... almost - sometimes seasonal ale's or lager's.... Double IPA, Imperial IPA - starting ALC 7.2 and up to 11.5. Usually I have first beer before starting to smoke and having two (maybe three) more during the smoke. So much pleasure.....

misisipismoke likes this.
  9. BuckeyeSteve

BuckeyeSteve Newbie

I love the Pale's and IPA's. Although I like many of the high ABV IPA's ( I've had 21%), I usually keep it around 6.5-7.5.

10. PBR or Busch with a horn of white label Evan Williams on the side.