Favorite beer while smoking and/or eating BBQ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I could have written exactly what you wrote: don't like IPAs; love a good pils.
It seems that the younger crowd really like their IPA's, somehow they think that bitterness is more abv. but I have laughed when I have overheard of someone drinking two Guines stout ( sorry about my spelling) and heard him say how buzzed he was.I didn't have the heart to tell him that it wasn;t any stronger than budweiser.Give me a Hof brau or a Pilsner Urquel. If you do your homework you would find out that when great britan was expanding their colonies they had soldiers in India that wanted beer but by the time the beer got to Indiait it was old and didn't taste good,so they started upping the amounts of hops bc hops are a natural preservative and they developed a hoppier beer that was called India Pale Ale.

Last edited:
My drink of choice yesterday while smoking ribs Sierra Nevada BFD. Tasty beer. I’m an IPA Pale Ale guy homebrewer too.
Cheers

Attachments

• 21515076-1E1A-4518-8DAF-715936832C2F.jpeg
    21515076-1E1A-4518-8DAF-715936832C2F.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Short Smoke: Coors Lite or Lone Star, drink alot - pee alot!
Long smoke: Shiner Bock or Guinness Stout, Drink slower and alot more thinking.
All of which in a bottle and really cold. Best chilled in a wash tub with chipped blocks of ice.

And in the cold frigid mid-winter temps of the low 50's, definitely a good sippin whiskey.

Grew up on Bud, Miller High Life, Schlitz and some NY, NJ locals like Schaefer, Rheingold, Ballantines (beer not Ale). Still drink Bud and Miller. Factory brewed for me, no boutique swill just like my Maxwell House.
Don't mind Miller High Life for an every day beer but on weekends I like to let the clutch out and grab a few good APA's

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Don't know if any of you have seen it but Bud is no longer listed in the top 3!!

Warren
Read an article about 40 years ago why Bud was the largest selling beer in America. They surveyed people about their preferences and very few people said Bud was their favorite. What they found was that when people were buying beer as a group everyone wanted something different until someone eventually suggested Bud and everyone said "OK, I can live with that." The conclusion of the study was that Bud was the largest selling beer in American not because anyone really liked it but because "it was the least offensive to the greatest about of people."

Great advertising line "Compromise, drink Bud!"

I just like beer - I don't give too hacks as long as it's ice cold. I purchase Lite, Bud, Ultra, and a few others. I like damn near all of the factory mass produced brews. Not too fond of some of these IPA's. Haven't acquired the taste yet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky