Favorite beer while smoking and/or eating BBQ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I prefer Founders Centennial over THA but both are great beers at top of my list. For those beers, it's draft or pass.

Went to founders about 6 weeks ago. Was a big letdown..always wanted to go there. The blushing monk was good though. Already had a fridge full of that so it was no surprise to me.

Next big one I plan on hitting is Shorts. They have a great catalog of products.

56ADF7EF-220F-4376-BDF7-D7FE266626B7.jpeg
Love IPAs!

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Never seen that one. We must be from different regions.

I actually (sadly?) Know beers much better than I know smoking lol. I'll chat beer anytime with folks!

Edit: I see that's from Lawson's which makes it a North Eastern beer..is it a NEIPA? As in brewed w citra hops and very "juicy"? Or is it more of a standard IPA Brew?

This is what I'm enjoying atm.

20190408_202508.jpg

Very delish

Never seen that one. We must be from different regions.

I actually (sadly?) Know beers much better than I know smoking lol. I'll chat beer anytime with folks!

Edit: I see that's from Lawson's which makes it a North Eastern beer..is it a NEIPA? As in brewed w citra hops and very "juicy"? Or is it more of a standard IPA Brew?

This is what I'm enjoying atm.

View attachment 392653

Very delish
It is called Sip of Sunshine and it is made by Lawson’s Finest Liquids which is a Vermont brewery. It’s billed as an IPA BUT AT 7.2% I would say it’s a double IPA. A hop-forward IPA. Piney, bitter hops come out the gate and cut through more of that lightly malty, citrusy sweetness. Not too bitter, not too hoppy, not too sweet. Just a perfect balance.

That Larry’s looks interesting, if I get a chance I’d would love to give it a try

Well thanks for the info on that sip of sunshine :-) sounds like a more traditional IPA. Since New England styles have been sweeping the country, I see now more and more traditionals being labeled as "West Coast" style IPA's.

The Larry's latest is named after Bell's brewing's Larry Bell. There's a different one every year. This year is a mango passion fruit session/sour sort of ale. It's very good and reasonably priced at 7 bucks for a 4pk 16z box. Last year was a belgium style I didn't care for much.

Oh, I agree with both of you. Some of the craft beers are so hop heavy, that I can't finish it. I think the Germans got it right. Wheat beers and Helles during summer, Octoberfests in the fall, and Dobbelbocks and dark beers during the winter.
I wish more small breweries would be into making lager beers. But they take more time and if not make right can't be hidden with a pile of hops to cover up mistakes. But I sure do enjoy Helles and Kolsch beers in the summer for sure. Sly fox, Troegs, Appalachian all make very good examples. The Helles from Troegs stands out for the fact they make A LOT of hoppy ales and they nailed that style.

I wish more small breweries would be into making lager beers. But they take more time and if not make right can't be hidden with a pile of hops to cover up mistakes. But I sure do enjoy Helles and Kolsch beers in the summer for sure. Sly fox, Troegs, Appalachian all make very good examples. The Helles from Troegs stands out for the fact they make A LOT of hoppy ales and they nailed that style.

I lived in Bavaria for 9 years. I did a lot of "liquid research". A LOT!

I've been brewing my own since 1994. One of my favorites, and the easiest, is a Hefe Weizen.

I also make a lot of IPAs, Fat & Tired, English Milds, Hard Cider and Mead.

I DO try to brew the limit (200 gallons) every year. ; ' )

With the hot temps, I usually drink miller light during the day b/c IPAs would probably kill me. However when the sun goes down or I'm miller'd out, my current fav IPA is sweetwater 420. Their brewery is near Atlanta and pretty cool place. I like hopsecutioner too. I think Terrapin makes that. Excuse my spelling.

20190730_184138.jpg

I have spent a good portion of this summer tearing up any beer by these guys that I can find.

I'm a sour beer guy by nature and the stuff from these guys is next level sour and flavor.

I try to avoid posting in this thread at least 3 times a week out of fear of what you fellas will think of me lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky