1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Favorite beer while smoking and/or eating BBQ?

Discussion in 'Beer & Ale' started by Derek717, Apr 10, 2018.

1. fivetricks

fivetricks Smoking Fanatic

Went to founders about 6 weeks ago. Was a big letdown..always wanted to go there. The blushing monk was good though. Already had a fridge full of that so it was no surprise to me.

Next big one I plan on hitting is Shorts. They have a great catalog of products.

oddegan, Derek717 and zwiller like this.
  2. Danish Tuborg gold....

3. Xrstos

Xrstos Newbie

56ADF7EF-220F-4376-BDF7-D7FE266626B7.jpeg Love IPAs!

Derek717 likes this.
  4. fivetricks

Never seen that one. We must be from different regions.

I actually (sadly?) Know beers much better than I know smoking lol. I'll chat beer anytime with folks!

Edit: I see that's from Lawson's which makes it a North Eastern beer..is it a NEIPA? As in brewed w citra hops and very "juicy"? Or is it more of a standard IPA Brew?

This is what I'm enjoying atm.

20190408_202508.jpg

Very delish

Derek717 likes this.
  5. Xrstos

Xrstos Newbie

It is called Sip of Sunshine and it is made by Lawson’s Finest Liquids which is a Vermont brewery. It’s billed as an IPA BUT AT 7.2% I would say it’s a double IPA. A hop-forward IPA. Piney, bitter hops come out the gate and cut through more of that lightly malty, citrusy sweetness. Not too bitter, not too hoppy, not too sweet. Just a perfect balance.

That Larry’s looks interesting, if I get a chance I’d would love to give it a try

Derek717 likes this.
  6. Not a big fan of Sip of Sunshine. But Alchemist and Treehouse beers, hell ya!

7. fivetricks

Well thanks for the info on that sip of sunshine :-) sounds like a more traditional IPA. Since New England styles have been sweeping the country, I see now more and more traditionals being labeled as "West Coast" style IPA's.

The Larry's latest is named after Bell's brewing's Larry Bell. There's a different one every year. This year is a mango passion fruit session/sour sort of ale. It's very good and reasonably priced at 7 bucks for a 4pk 16z box. Last year was a belgium style I didn't care for much.

Derek717 likes this.
  8. Xrstos

Xrstos Newbie

24645E82-9B7F-4F32-9617-1914EF693EE8.jpeg
    Cheers Derek! I agree with both of those breweries.
    Love me some Heady Topper and ribs

crazymoon and Derek717 like this.
  9. fivetricks

Heady topper is like the most loved famous beer I've never tried. Can't find it anywhere. Cheers!

Derek717 likes this.
  10. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

It's sold all over the place around here.

Chris

Derek717 likes this.
  11. You're lucky dude. Love that beer.

12. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

For a tiny state we have more micro-breweries per capita then anywhere else in the US. My favorite micro-brew is Switchback Ale. Although my main beer is PBR and Narragansett.
    Chris

Derek717 likes this.
  13. I'm a having one these right now, I live in Illinois, but was working in Wisconsin over the weekend and picked it up. (we can't get it in Illinois) It's good stuff...

Attached Files:

Derek717 and fivetricks like this.
  14. fivetricks

20190415_190452.jpg

Picked these up tonight. Can't wait to try!

Derek717 likes this.
  15. crazymoon

crazymoon Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I love Heady topper!:emoji_thumbsup:

Derek717 likes this.