Favorite beer while smoking and/or eating BBQ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Shinny, I cut s**t tons of vinyl & (rhinestone/spangles), mostly for apparel decorating, a fine job on the glass

Thanks! I cut Heat Transfer Vinyl for T shirts and can Koozies. I cut the stencil for these and glasses for my daughters Lacrosse, Volleyball and Gymnastics teams plus as gifts for Christmas. It's easy and gives me something to do. I feel another Karma Give away coming soon with some kind of "Smoking Meat" design.

Reactions: mfatty500
99% of the beer I drink is something I've brewed. I usually keep 4-6 brews on tap at all times.

When I smoke I usually tend to stay on the lighter side (under 5%) of a Pale Ale.

What I drink depends on my mood that morning...yes, I can drink before sunrise...I'm retired. :emoji_blush:

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Tonight I will be smoking, which means beer will be consumed. My list as of right now:

Stone Woot Stout
Schneider Weisse Mein Aventinus (TAP6)
Lagunitas Mozango

It got released early this year (Jan 3rd). I know the Kroger's here in Michigan are slated to have it in their beer set 2 weeks from now. So look for it earlier than you would in normal years :-)

I still have 2 kegs and about 9 cans from last year's stock. Maybe i over purchased. Hopslam is not a beer that should be aged fwiw.

It got released early this year (Jan 3rd). I know the Kroger's here in Michigan are slated to have it in their beer set 2 weeks from now. So look for it earlier than you would in normal years :-)

I still have 2 kegs and about 9 cans from last year's stock. Maybe i over purchased. Hopslam is not a beer that should be aged fwiw.

Last year's stock? That's not an "over purchase" it's "under drinking"...

Correct. Either way, I've brought shame upon my house.

I only bought 2 cases of cans this year.

For those who are interested, it's a much more balanced product this year. Last year it was very malty.

At any rate, it's off to Grand Rapids, MI for the 2nd leg of the annual winter nightmare tour. 7 stops planned this year in GR. They're gonna have to carry me home. Gotta try them all!

It seems like beer goes down a little smoother and quicker while smoking and being outside. That being said,
Since we are all here because we love to smoke different foods, I figured this would be a cool thread. What beer(s) do you enjoy when you are smoking and/eating BBQ?

Can't say I've paired beer and BBQ just yet and I haven't been outside much while smoking since it's been cold, but I can see myself enjoying a few of Sierra Nevada's Hazy Little Things this Summer while smoking meat.

Excited to see what you all post.

I think we need to make this a pole question post.

Screenshot_20190401-154743_MLivecom.jpg

This is a great drinker with anything you might be smoking :-)

I dearly missed this when they stopped producing it. Start looking for it on the shelves in early May I'm guessing!

Two hearted in michigan is like Budweiser. It's everywhere! I actually make an annual pilgrimage to Bell's brewery at least once a year for their release of Hopslam, two hearteds bigger brother :-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky