1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Favorite beer while smoking and/or eating BBQ?

Discussion in 'Beer & Ale' started by Derek717, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Shinny, I cut s**t tons of vinyl & (rhinestone/spangles), mostly for apparel decorating, a fine job on the glass

2. Thanks! I cut Heat Transfer Vinyl for T shirts and can Koozies. I cut the stencil for these and glasses for my daughters Lacrosse, Volleyball and Gymnastics teams plus as gifts for Christmas. It's easy and gives me something to do. I feel another Karma Give away coming soon with some kind of "Smoking Meat" design.

mfatty500 likes this.
  3. Most of the stuff we do, is, obviously for girls & moms, the ones that spend $$$

4. 99% of the beer I drink is something I've brewed. I usually keep 4-6 brews on tap at all times.

When I smoke I usually tend to stay on the lighter side (under 5%) of a Pale Ale.

What I drink depends on my mood that morning...yes, I can drink before sunrise...I'm retired. :emoji_blush:

Derek717 likes this.
  5. fivetricks

fivetricks Smoking Fanatic

I'll actually be heading to Bell's Brewery tomorrow afternoon for their annual release of Hopslam, amongst other places and things. Should be a long day, but a nice refill for the ol' beer fridge :-)

timstalltaletav and Derek717 like this.
  6. Tonight I will be smoking, which means beer will be consumed. My list as of right now:

Stone Woot Stout
    Schneider Weisse Mein Aventinus (TAP6)
    Lagunitas Mozango

7. CSR

CSR Fire Starter

Just heard about the Mozango from someone at work, excited to try.
    Will also be loading up on Hopslam once it gets distributed to my area.

Derek717 likes this.
  8. fivetricks

It got released early this year (Jan 3rd). I know the Kroger's here in Michigan are slated to have it in their beer set 2 weeks from now. So look for it earlier than you would in normal years :-)

I still have 2 kegs and about 9 cans from last year's stock. Maybe i over purchased. Hopslam is not a beer that should be aged fwiw.

Derek717 likes this.
  9. Last year's stock? That's not an "over purchase" it's "under drinking"...

10. fivetricks

Correct. Either way, I've brought shame upon my house.

I only bought 2 cases of cans this year.

For those who are interested, it's a much more balanced product this year. Last year it was very malty.

At any rate, it's off to Grand Rapids, MI for the 2nd leg of the annual winter nightmare tour. 7 stops planned this year in GR. They're gonna have to carry me home. Gotta try them all!

Derek717 likes this.
  11. My 2nd favorite large production beer (1st is 2-Hearted Ale) is being released this week. I'll be loading up on Troegs Nugget Nectar tomorrow afternoon. It's usually around for about 2 weeks in January so I try to load up when it gets released.

Not sure what will be on the smoker this weekend, but I know that's what will be in my glass!

fivetricks and Derek717 like this.
  12. berrya

berrya Smoke Blower

It seems like beer goes down a little smoother and quicker while smoking and being outside. That being said,
    I think we need to make this a pole question post.

BuckeyeSteve and Derek717 like this.
  13. Start one up!

14. Alaskan Amber for me.

Derek717 likes this.