Fajitas on the new Camp Chef griddle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
Time to do a real meal on the new Camp chef, Fajitas. I started using chilerelleno chilerelleno marinade, deleted the sugar (diabetic) and used avocado oil instead of olive. Used a vac canister to marinate as I only decided to do this 6 hours in advance.
fajita2.JPG

Cut up the onions and peppers, marinade with some cumin, pepper, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, oil and of course some beer (gave me an excuse to crack them open early).
fajita1.JPG

Onto the griddle, put right 2 burners on high and kept left 2 off. The aroma was incredible.
fajita4.JPG

Chicken was next, then next to it later was the beef. I used picahana/culotte beef as it was in the front of the freezer.
fajita5.JPG
fajita6.JPG

All plated up with Cheese, Jalapenos, Salsa, sour cream, avocado on a low carb wrap and of course with some more IPA's.

fajita8.JPG

Cooking on the griddle is so much more fun and interactive than just plain grilling. I hope to do gyros this week, can't wait.

That’s right up my flavor alley!! Did you use sugar substitute in the marinade? I do in all my rubs and marinades. Love avocado oil too we use it a ton. I buy it by the gallon.

No did not use a substitute. Might do next time to see if it makes a difference. Yeah, I do not cook with olive oil as it gets a burnt taste and turns to trans-fat.

Man that looks good. Ive been looking pretty hard at griddle and I think i really like what I see on the camp chef. What model do you have? Cant wait tobsee the gyros!

Fantastic looking fajitas!
When we got our Camp Chef flat top, we cooked on it every day for a couple of weeks.
It sure was fun to play with a new toy!
They make a great unit!!
Al

This is the one I got, Was on sale for $219...might still be.

Now that's a TEXAS meal, kinda threw me at first when I saw that square thing, but I get it.

Gary

the square is a low carb wrap, also use them for gyros if the rain will ever stop.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky