• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Fajitas on the new Camp Chef griddle

clifish

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 25, 2019
Time to do a real meal on the new Camp chef, Fajitas. I started using chilerelleno chilerelleno marinade, deleted the sugar (diabetic) and used avocado oil instead of olive. Used a vac canister to marinate as I only decided to do this 6 hours in advance.
fajita2.JPG

Cut up the onions and peppers, marinade with some cumin, pepper, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, oil and of course some beer (gave me an excuse to crack them open early).
fajita1.JPG

Onto the griddle, put right 2 burners on high and kept left 2 off. The aroma was incredible.
fajita4.JPG

Chicken was next, then next to it later was the beef. I used picahana/culotte beef as it was in the front of the freezer.
fajita5.JPG
fajita6.JPG

All plated up with Cheese, Jalapenos, Salsa, sour cream, avocado on a low carb wrap and of course with some more IPA's.

fajita8.JPG

Cooking on the griddle is so much more fun and interactive than just plain grilling. I hope to do gyros this week, can't wait.

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
That’s right up my flavor alley!! Did you use sugar substitute in the marinade? I do in all my rubs and marinades. Love avocado oil too we use it a ton. I buy it by the gallon.

clifish

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 25, 2019
No did not use a substitute. Might do next time to see if it makes a difference. Yeah, I do not cook with olive oil as it gets a burnt taste and turns to trans-fat.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Man that looks good. Ive been looking pretty hard at griddle and I think i really like what I see on the camp chef. What model do you have? Cant wait tobsee the gyros!

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
That look great got my glasses all fogged up with the steam LOL
Richie

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Great looking fajitas. Nice job!!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Fantastic looking fajitas!
When we got our Camp Chef flat top, we cooked on it every day for a couple of weeks.
It sure was fun to play with a new toy!
They make a great unit!!
Al

SmokinVOLfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Hell yeah! I love doing fajitas on mine. Use Chile's marinade too. Looks like the new camp chef is treating you well!

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
Now that's a TEXAS meal, kinda threw me at first when I saw that square thing, but I get it.

Gary

clifish

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 25, 2019
the square is a low carb wrap, also use them for gyros if the rain will ever stop.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.