Eye round roast beef sandwich

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Eye round has become one of my favorites . Sliced thin on a bun , or open faced .
I inject mine with Tony C's . Like to use the garlic herb for beef but I had a open bottle of the creole butter . I inject , fridge over night . Then smoke the next day , cool and back in fridge another night . Slice the 3rd day cold . This is great sliced and eaten cold , but I also heat up a pot of beefy onion soup and use tongs to warm a serving , or further cook it if it's to rare for someone .
Ready to inject
20190712_124516.jpg
Off the smoker , used the MES 30 .I don't run much smoke on this .
20190714_172352.jpg
Got away from me on the internal temp . I think it was 140 ish when I pulled it out
Fridge over night and sliced the next day . Still tender and juicy .
20190714_172943.jpg
To make the sandwich , I heat the soup and dip some beef . I put Swiss cheese and some temporary blindness on the bottom bun .
20190714_180033.jpg 20190714_175122.jpg
Then add the beef .
20190714_180137.jpg
More cheese and close it up .
20190714_180140.jpg 20190714_180556.jpg
Turns out pretty good .

Looks good from my house. Likes
Richie
Thanks Richie . Be a good smoke for the new Pit Boss .

Looks good from my PC.
Like!

I'll take two sammies on toasted buns, please.

Thanks for the comment . When I do these on french bread I toast it to keep the bread from getting soggy . Buns I use cheese top and bottom . I agree , the toasted adds to it .

Looks like a terrific, satisfying meal. Mac salad is my go-to side. Wife prefers potato salad. Guess which one we have, ALL the time.
We're big fans of Inglehoffer too! Horseradish and Wasabi. mmmmm

Reactions: NU2SMOKE
Looks like a terrific, satisfying meal. Mac salad is my go-to side.
Thanks Don . Boxed pasta salad was 10 for 10 . Gonna be my go to for awhile . LOL . What kind of dog is that ?

Hard to beat a Sammy like that !!
Thanks bud . I do it without the injection and it comes out good also , but I like that Tony C's on this and a pork loin .

Super sandwich, Sir! Big like!
Thank you Sir .

Hey Chop, just put one of those under the broiler to melt that cheese and I will be over to take it off your hands!!!

Excellent looking sammy Chop and that happens to be one of my favorites.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: NU2SMOKE
He's a Texas heeler. I've always had Blue heelers before but he was available when we were looking for a puppy. 12 years old and blind now. I "doctored" his picture to remind me the ole boy is still watching us.
DsAll-.jpg DsAll.jpg

Reactions: chopsaw
He's a Texas heeler.

Texas heeler , Cattle dog and Aussie shepherd ?
Last year we rescued Lottie . 5 year old cattle dog . DNA report said she is 75 % Cattle dog 25 % Border collie , but she looks full . Test don't lie . They're smart .

20190311_120846.jpg 20190328_112228.jpg

Reactions: drdon
Thanks VOL . I like to use the roasted garlic on beef , but had an open bottle if the creole butter . Both work . The phosphates in the injection keeps it very moist .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky