extra sterile equipment info NEEDED

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

baby kong

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 13, 2021
This a only a pic that resembles my 3/4 hp bought 10 yrs. ago from S.I.R. ... I put it a way in its box after using a few times and then lent it out once to a person after... My garage is only heated during winter and turned off during summer. I really need to have advice on super sanitizing and not the regular way ppl say. I want more info on the best disinfectant and don't say bleach.. I use bleach to clean it when I used it. I don't know how well he did clean it . No, you don't need to say if I don't see bits of, it's clean. When I cleaned, it was done like all you guys, but I never trust anybody that says " Oh yea, I cleaned it " . I would like to know an extreme way to sanitize it .. ?????
Can I also run some of the attachments with a specific cleaner in the dishwasher too.? Hey, I'm making sausage next month and is a great host for waking up the invisible wiggly creepies

Attachments

• tempImageSh8tNf.png
    tempImageSh8tNf.png
    495.3 KB · Views: 5
^^ That StarSan is the go to for sanitizing kegs.

Ethanol could be used, too, if you aren't near a homebrew store

Reactions: SKade
-Steramine Sanitizing Tablets.
Active ingredient: quaternary ammonium compounds Same stuff that's in lysol wipes.

-Isopropyl alcohol (70%)

-Hydrogen peroxide

Ok to mix quaternary ammonium with alcohol.
Not ok to mix it with peroxide.

Great ideas so far and personally would use star san (or iodophor) as I am a brewer but my Dad and some friends are all about boiling stuff if you want another option.

Reactions: SKade
I second the starsan. If you have removable parts I wonder if you could put them in a pressure cooker to autoclave them? I would imagine that they would stand up to it but in the words of LeVar Burton don’t take my word for it.

Active ingredient: quaternary ammonium compounds Same stuff that's in lysol wipes.

-Isopropyl alcohol (70%)

-Hydrogen peroxide

that's a solid think ... I live in Calgary Alberta Canada..It's third world to all of you..Why? because it is... I want to buy in my country for a lotta things.. One example is in gardening seeds , I don't want to grow only the stupid common carrot seeds and the tomatoes and , you all get the msg.. I have to order from the seed companies from the States.

-Isopropyl alcohol (70%)

-Hydrogen peroxide

because it is... I want to buy in my country for a lotta things.. One example is in gardening seeds , I don't want to grow only the stupid common carrot seeds and the tomatoes and , you all get the msg.. I have to order from the seed companies from the States. So, if I want that product called Star san, it's friggin' NOT worth my gas to look..It's not here.. which really really ticks me off. And it may not be allowed to cross the border

No Bacteria or Spore survives Heat. Wash the Grinder head and parts with Soap and Water, dry in the oven at 121°C for 30 minute. STERILE!
To clean the drive motor conection, 2ml Betadine (Iodine Solution) per Liter water will do the job nicely....JJ

No Bacteria or Spore survives Heat. Wash the Grinder head and parts with Soap and Water, dry in the oven at 121°C for 30 minute. STERILE!
To clean the drive motor conection, 2ml Betadine (Iodine Solution) per Liter water will do the job nicely....JJ
Oh yea I'm choosing your way. FOR SURE . Here's a good laff of what I have .. It's a 1HP Not a 3/4.. Dah...I had to go to the garage today for a coupla things, and was laffin' about the hp. after I looked out of curiosity. takin' pics and chucklin' on my own I took a pic of my mixer too!!! lmao
IMG_2078.jpg
IMG_2079.jpg

Reactions: chef jimmyj
So, if I want that product called Star san, it's friggin' NOT worth my gas to look..It's not here.. which really really ticks me off.

Your local home brew store carries star san:
Grapes to Glass
5308 17 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T3E 6S6, Canada

that's a solid think
Yes, Steramine are solid tablets.
They dissolve in water.
One tablet per gallon of water makes a concentration that is "For Sanitizing Food Contact Surfaces"

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky