Eggs???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lancep

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
North Mississippi
Anybody know what's going on either price of eggs? Around here they've gone from 2-3 dollars to under 50 cents. Today at Aldi a dozen large eggs was 29 cents.

Pickled Quail Eggs   Mmmmm    Got some in the fridge

Gary

After Easter overstock maybe? I'm with Charlie. Time to pickle! B

That could make sense. It's just such a crazy drop to go from $1.90 for large to 44 cents for jumbo. Alas, I'm embarrassed to admit, I have never had a pickled egg...

I think in Mississippi, and a couple other places, they found some bad eggs, so instead of all the hassle of trying to find & recall all the bad ones, they figured they'd just drop the prices & get the shelves cleaned off a lot faster!!

Just Kidding, Lance!!!
beercheer.gif

Bear

That could make sense. It's just such a crazy drop to go from $1.90 for large to 44 cents for jumbo. Alas, I'm embarrassed to admit, I have never had a pickled egg...

Lance... you're in Mississippi and never had a pickled egg? Oh. Man. You need to try one. B

Organic doesn't necessarily mean cage free.

Interesting observation. Due to my line of work I've always been skeptical of marketing phrases like cage free and organic Clearly these birds are simply living in a larger cage. Right? If not... How would they catch em.... stuff em in a vacuum bag and end up in the poultry refer? B

Also cage free is not the same as free range. And none of these have the life my grandma's chicken had. Happy until the last second of their life.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky