• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Egg Wow!

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
Thats so cool. Going to have to try. That dish looks amazing.

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
I often eat short-grain or medium-grain rice, my favorites. I make fried rice with leftovers. One of my favorite morning dishes is dumping a bunch of fried rice into eggs about to be scrambled. Bill, your video post just upped my presentation!

motocrash

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 25, 2017
I often eat short-grain or medium-grain rice, my favorites. I make fried rice with leftovers. One of my favorite morning dishes is dumping a bunch of fried rice into eggs about to be scrambled. Bill, your video post just upped my presentation!
Ray, I reckon a couple wooden spoons would suffice/work well.

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
That is cool .

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
That is a great presentation. Ive seen a couple of videos on making it, just have yet to give it a shot. Does not seem difficult other than finding the perfect stove temp. That and beat the crap out of your eggs so they are homogeneous. Stain to remove the Chalaza from the blend...JJ

motocrash

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 25, 2017
Does not seem difficult other than finding the perfect stove temp.
Yeah, you can see a difference between the first and second one in the video. Pan is perfect temp for the first and a little hot on the second.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Very cool!!
Al

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
There is a Chinese version that I've had for breakfast.
That and beat the crap out of your eggs so they are homogeneous. Stain to remove the Chalaza from the blend...JJ
I separate the whites and yolks for well beat eggs. Never heard of "chalaza" but a search, aha. Strain to remove the umbilical cord?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.