Easter Brisket Flat!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

K9BIGDOG

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 7, 2017
New York
Did a 9 pound flat in the Camp Chef XXL for Easter, along with a double smoked spiral ham in the other pellet smoker. Wet it down with Worcestershire as a binder then rub with Meat Church Holy Cow and let it dry brine overnight in the fridge. At 7:00 am I fired up the smoker for a hot and fast cook and rubbed again, this time with Meat Church Holy Gospel. Ran at 300 until the probes showed 165, spritzing hourly with a mix of apple juice, ACV and a kiss of bourbon. Wrapped in peach paper and back to work. When it hit 205 (203 wasn't quite there) my Thermapen slid in like a...nevermind... and I wrapped it in a couple old beach towels for a 2-hour rest in a cooler. Total cook time was about 6 hours, 8 including the rest period. The bark actually held up pretty well. Very moist and tender, nice smoke ring and most important, everyone loved it!
IMG_4376.JPEG

IMG_4378.JPEG

IMG_4377.JPEG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky