Drevos Smokehouses

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rawcalls

Original poster
Jan 11, 2024
Anyone ever seen these? Look like EXACTLY what I want as far as features. Separate heat and smoke function/controls, convection fan, nice aesthetics, etc. I believe they're made in Romania. Price isn't terrible but freight is about as much or more than the smoker. Any of you here in the U.S. able to make me something similar? :emoji_grinning:

Drevos Smokehouses

Drevos 50.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Very nice. What kind of wood is the exterior? What do you have on the inside?
The box is CDX plywood (fir) the exterior is rough sawn Douglas Fir. The bottom firebox is sheeted inside with hardibacker cement board, the 1/4” stuff, for the heat, the smoke chamber is just Doug fir plywood.

Reactions: rawcalls
R rawcalls welcome to the forums. Lots of great examples here for you to build off of. Take the ideas and make changes to fit what you want. If you’re not handy with power tools and etc find someone that can take your ideas and build it. And sometimes it takes a bit for us to reply. Patience grasshopper! 😂😉

Jim

R rawcalls welcome to the forums. Lots of great examples here for you to build off of. Take the ideas and make changes to fit what you want. If you’re not handy with power tools and etc find someone that can take your ideas and build it. And sometimes it takes a bit for us to reply. Patience grasshopper! 😂😉

Jim
Thanks, Jim. I am fine with the power tools/building the structure. I would likely need help with the electrical parts of it. Would like a convection fan and heating element with waterproof rocker switches to control them. Wifi temp control (inkbird?) would also be nice to have. Also would like the inside to be lined with stainless steel, similar to the Drevos. At least the bottom 3rd of it. I don't want to have a bunch of accessories hanging on the outside of it. The fit/finish is important to me. I want it to look as professionally done as possible.

Reactions: JLeonard
Not any real good ones but here are a couple up top (3x3x4’)

IMG_0209.jpeg

IMG_0233.jpeg

A couple of the lower firebox (3x3x3’j

IMG_0274.jpeg

IMG_0273.jpeg

Then I added a separate smoke generator for the cold smoke option, but now use it for general operation, really good unit.

IMG_1535.jpeg

Reactions: SmokinEdge
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky