Double Smoked Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Did a double smoked ham using Heath Riles honey ham guidelines. Turned out pretty well. We are having our work Thanksgiving tomorrow. It’s all sliced and in the crockpot to re-warm in the morning. 10lb spiral sliced. 4 hrs at 275 degrees with cherry wood.
5830C230-917B-4958-8EA0-74C35992FBFE.jpeg FCFCF122-77B4-4F02-AC2D-5D2609028808.jpeg
thanks for looking.
Jim

That is a thing of beauty Jim! Took two out today to thaw for a double smoke, can't wait

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks Great Jim!!!
Love Me some Double Smoked Ham.
Been eating it for over 50 years, and making my own for about 8 or 9.
Nothing Better!!!
Nice Job, Jim!
Like.

Bear

Love double smoked ham, but I don’t like the spiral sliced ones. They tend to dry out. I get the full Smithfield hams & inject them with Tony C’s ham injection. Smoke them to 140 IT and let them rest for a half hour on the counter. Then I pull each individual muscle off the ham & slice it against the grain. I take all the extra fat off & use the bone & scraps for bean soup. Just boil down the scraps & freeze the broth for the soup.
Al

Wow Jim that looks great. I see some good pea soup and smoked ham salad in your future.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks guys! It was pretty darn good. The folks at work liked it. I basted it about every hour and was amazingly moist. Next time I will do as Bearcarver Bearcarver did and use bacon fat in a pan oven it to baste so as not to have to open the smoker as much. Jim

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Thanks guys! It was pretty darn good. The folks at work liked it. I basted it about every hour and was amazingly moist. Next time I will do as Bearcarver Bearcarver did and use bacon fat in a pan oven it to baste so as not to have to open the smoker as much. Jim

Yup---Bacon fat works pretty good, since those Dang Spiral Sliced Hams never have much fat to use in the Drip Pan.
Bet you're stuck with making one often now!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky