DOA Bradley - MES 40 to the rescue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

matt92037

Original poster
May 5, 2012
San Diego
New member from California here.  Been using a Smokenator for a couple years now and have been ready to try out an electric for some time.

I ordered the entry level Bradley smoker on Amazon as a birthday present (for me!).  It showed up yesterday and it was a DOA unit.  Majorly bummed.  Thank god for Amazons great return policy.  Anyway the Bradley is on its way back as of this morning.

After a bit of lurking here, I am kind of happy that the Bradley showed up broken because I have read quite a bit about the MES 40 here.  I leveraged the SamClub 1-day membership and picked up the MES.  For only $50 more, it seems like x3 the smoker.  Only beef is the internal thermometer is kind of worthless (have the dual probe Maverick though).

Is there any way to recalibrate the internal thermometer?

Otherwise very happy with the smoker.  8lb brisket goes on 6:00am tomorrow morning.

Sorry to hear of your Bradley not working. Have had no issues with my 4.

Heard of many Bradley bought from Slamizon not working.

Lots of people like the MES40, it should treat you well..........
welcome1.gif

New member from California here.  Been using a Smokenator for a couple years now and have been ready to try out an electric for some time.

I ordered the entry level Bradley smoker on Amazon as a birthday present (for me!).  It showed up yesterday and it was a DOA unit.  Majorly bummed.  Thank god for Amazons great return policy.  Anyway the Bradley is on its way back as of this morning.

After a bit of lurking here, I am kind of happy that the Bradley showed up broken because I have read quite a bit about the MES 40 here.  I leveraged the SamClub 1-day membership and picked up the MES.  For only $50 more, it seems like x3 the smoker.  Only beef is the internal thermometer is kind of worthless (have the dual probe Maverick though).

Is there any way to recalibrate the internal thermometer?

Otherwise very happy with the smoker.  8lb brisket goes on 6:00am tomorrow morning.
to answer your question ,No no way to calibrate . I'd pay a bit extra to have a calibratable digital thermo in the MES.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky