Did Someone Say Dudestrami? I Got 2. Plus Some Other Stuff W/ QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 12, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
I'll add this smoke to the long (and fine I might add) list of other smoked Corned Beef Brisket threads celebrating St. Patrick's Day.  I picked up two CBBs.  One was a hair under 5lbs and the other was a little under 4lbs.  I started by soaking them for six hours in cold water and changing the water every two hours.

ry%3D400

The bigger of the two had a vein of fat running right through the middle of it. 

ry%3D400

After the soaking to leach out some of the salt.  I gave my usual Dudestrami rub of mixed pickling spice and Old Bay.

ry%3D400

wrapped in saran wrap and foil and refridgerated overnight.

ry%3D400

We were going to have some friends over for dinner.  My friend who also does some smoking, contributed another CBB (don't recall his rub) and 3 half racks of ribs.

Here's all the CBBs going down on the bottom grate of the WSM

ry%3D400

...and the ribs

ry%3D400

The guys took the day off and hung out with the kids during spring break.   We laid around all day drinking beers and watching basketball waiting for the ladies to get home from work for our feast.  Because we're eating this the same day.  I cooked the CBBs to 165, foiled with beer, and cooked until 190.  Then rested for 1 hour then put them on the slicer.

Holy cow!  I've made a few dozen Dudestramis but these were, without any doubt, the most tender I've ever done.  It just fell apart in your mouth.  Not to break my arm patting myself on the back, but I was highly impressed with the results this time around.  It must've been the meat because I don't think I did anything different.

Here's a couple of pics running throught the slicer.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Sooo tender and juicy.

Here's the ribs and a couple of sausages that got thrown on.  There was a SPAM too.

ry%3D400

What's funny is the wives didn't even make a plate.  They just kept munching off the tray with the slicer.  I made a sammie with seedless rye, swiss cheese and thousand island dressing.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It was sooooo good.  I had a little leftover.  Made me hate that it's Lent and I couldn't eat meat today.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll save it for next week.

Thanks for looking. 

The Dude (still) Abides

Last edited:
Dude sweet looking pastrami
icon14.gif
...nothing like a buffet meal off the smoker. Those ribs looked as tender as that pastrami. Beer and a smoked feast...it doesn't get much better than that on St. Patrick's day. 

Looks good from here. I know we are "supposed" to do these things from scratch?  But this time of year, the prepared corned beefs are much cheaper than buying briskets, and they work pretty well.

Yours look great! Thanks for posting.

Good luck and good smoking!

Dude, don't be so cruel. Thanks for a great thread, and the pics tell it all. Congrats on a great meal. It's all good my friend.

Nicely done Dude.

This was the straw that broke the camels back; had to go to the store tonight before the sale is over; now I have 6 in the fridge for smok'in Tuesday.  And of course I blamed you when the wife asked why so many!

Nicely done Dude.

This was the straw that broke the camels back; had to go to the store tonight before the sale is over; now I have 6 in the fridge for smok'in Tuesday.  And of course I blamed you when the wife asked why so many!

Well if she throws you out, you can stay with me.  But you'll have to bring the briskets. 
wife.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky