Did anyone else get password reset emails they didn't ask for?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yup. 2. But isn’t it nice that the email notification seem to be kind of working? My notifications were from October 17.

We’ve had some ongoing issues with email since we moved to the new server. Sounds like some of the old emails that did not send properly finally broke loose. I’m taking it as a good sign and we’ll just keep watching it and see how it works going forward.

I was just suspicious because they looked very much like phishing scams that want you to Click Here to update your account information. I get a lot of those. These links appeared to really point back to SMF but I know that can be spoofed. That's why I asked if anyone else here got them.

Sometimes when I hover over a link like that it points to someplace with a .ru or .za or .de extension so I know it's a phishing scam.

even here hackers are at it. I get them saying PalPay, Ebay, Amazon, credit card co's, the best was ss they say your checks will not longer be sent. I just feel sorry for all the people who believe these and follow the sign in's they want you to do. T. hen their account gets drained.

My fav are Banks that are not within a hundred miles of me or ive never used requesting I reset my account...JJ

Robo calls claiming they are Amazon researching a possible fraud on your account. The call starts right out without asking for your name. Or asking for a person. Oh, I should have been in jail years ago for back taxes from the iRS.

even here hackers are at it. I get them saying PalPay, Ebay, Amazon, credit card co's, the best was ss they say your checks will not longer be sent. I just feel sorry for all the people who believe these and follow the sign in's they want you to do. T. hen their account gets drained.
Wow!
Three year old necro thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky