• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Did anyone else get password reset emails they didn't ask for?

bluewhisper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 1, 2014
I got two of them overnight. But there's nothing wrong with my password and I'm logged in just fine.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Yup. 2. But isn’t it nice that the email notification seem to be kind of working? My notifications were from October 17.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Nothing here!
Al

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 28, 2005
We’ve had some ongoing issues with email since we moved to the new server. Sounds like some of the old emails that did not send properly finally broke loose. I’m taking it as a good sign and we’ll just keep watching it and see how it works going forward.

bluewhisper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 1, 2014
I was just suspicious because they looked very much like phishing scams that want you to Click Here to update your account information. I get a lot of those. These links appeared to really point back to SMF but I know that can be spoofed. That's why I asked if anyone else here got them.

Sometimes when I hover over a link like that it points to someplace with a .ru or .za or .de extension so I know it's a phishing scam.

Jersey Jimbo

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 26, 2020
even here hackers are at it. I get them saying PalPay, Ebay, Amazon, credit card co's, the best was ss they say your checks will not longer be sent. I just feel sorry for all the people who believe these and follow the sign in's they want you to do. T. hen their account gets drained.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
My fav are Banks that are not within a hundred miles of me or ive never used requesting I reset my account...JJ

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Robo calls claiming they are Amazon researching a possible fraud on your account. The call starts right out without asking for your name. Or asking for a person. Oh, I should have been in jail years ago for back taxes from the iRS.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
even here hackers are at it. I get them saying PalPay, Ebay, Amazon, credit card co's, the best was ss they say your checks will not longer be sent. I just feel sorry for all the people who believe these and follow the sign in's they want you to do. T. hen their account gets drained.
Wow!
Three year old necro thread.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.