DelMarVa checking in!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

critter gitter

Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
DelMarVa
Hey folks. I came upon this site looking for some wisdom on smoking bluefish, an oily, strong flavored fish abundant in the Atlantic Ocean, Delaware and Chesapeake Bays, all of which I live within a 45 minute drive of. I'm an avid angler, hunter and consumer of wild fish and game which, in turn, requires me to be an avid wild game and fish cook. I've got a few personal favorite recipes I've developed and I'm always looking for new ways to prepare my catch or kill in ways that accentuate the characterisitcs of the meat, from exceedingly lean cuts of venison or pheasant to the aforementioned bluefish which many of the unenlightened consider "trash" (truth is - they just don't like the taste of fish!).

I look foreward to learning and sharing with this group. It may take a little while to get my feet wet and find my "niche", but any of you can feel free to ask me any questions. I don't consider myself an "expert" in much, but I do have 35 years of experience in preparing wild fish and game to my and my family's likes. If nothing else, I've got 35 years of accumulated mistakes which I can at least help you to avoid!

Hello and good morning from East Texas, welcome to the forum. Lots of great information and real good people here..  

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky