Deerburgers on my “Q”

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Deerburgers on my “Q”

Pretty nice weather, so I’ll use my Grill or Smoker whenever I feel up to it.

So we got our usual Deerburger Mixture into Patties, and I took them (6) out to my Weber “Q”.
Flipped them a few times, until they were almost done.
Then I put some Cheese on the first 2 I’d be eating, and waited for it to melt.
Then I brought them in to the Kitchen.

I mixed it up for the first 2 Burgers, by putting both Ketchup & Mustard on one (MacDonald’s Style), and some of Jeff’s BBQ Sauce on the other one.
Then I threw some Bread & Butter Pickle Chips on the plate too.

Then the second night I fried up some of my Home Cured Bacon.
Then Nuked a couple of leftover Burgers, put some Ketchup & Mustard on & Cheese.
Then topped them off with the Bear Bacon.

Oh Yeah—They were Great !!

That’s it—Mrs Bear ate the other 2 (One each night).

Thanks for stopping in!

Bear

Six Deerburgers on My "Q":
IMG_5316.jpg

Closer Look:
IMG_5317.jpg

Getting There!
IMG_5318.jpg

Cheese on 2 for The Bear:
IMG_5319.jpg

Fresh off the Grill:
IMG_5320.jpg

One with Ketchup & Mustard, and one with Jeff's BBQ Sauce:
IMG_5321.jpg

Bear's first Night's Supper:
IMG_5322.jpg

Some of Bear's TQ cured Bacon:
IMG_5323.jpg

These guys need some Burgers to lay on:
IMG_5324.jpg

Two more Cheese-Deerburgers:
IMG_5327.jpg

2nd Night's Supper:
IMG_5328.jpg

Almost forgot the look inside:
IMG_5329.jpg

Your deer burgers threads always has me clicking on it, cause I know they are that good.
Looks great.

Looks great ! Not much shrink on those ,,, I like it . I do the mustard / ketchup mix some times . Nice change up . More good meals at your table .
Pickles .
Next time you shop , look for Nathans sweet horseradish chips .
Pretty good .

Looks Great my Friend only things I see Missing is Onions and Me !!

Gary

Outstanding Bear! I'm getting dangerously low on venison, but did just get alerted I drew for a tag this year back home. So at least there is more in sight.

Do you do straight venison?

I mix some with ground up bacon and those make some great burgers. Can't remember now if it's 80/20 or 70/30 though.

Looking good as usual John! How many packs of those deer burgers you got stashed away man lol I don't think I have ever seen you cook a 100% beef burger. Jealous!

Nice looking burgers. Just got done mixing up 40# to use as burgers or hotdishes. So much better than store bought burger in my mind.

Looks wonderful John. I bet that venison with 25% beef and 25% pork added comes out just as flavor packed as could be, like the bacon and cheese too, big Like! RAY

Good looking burgers! And bacon, can't forget the bacon! That's all we eat too is venison, and dang glad we have alot in the freezer with the price on burger

Ryan

A Bear cooking deer? Nature has come full circle I believe :emoji_laughing: Beautfilu job as usual Bear and some nice looking burgers for sure!!

Robert

Your deer burgers threads always has me clicking on it, cause I know they are that good.
Looks great.

Thank You Adam!!
I don't know how long I can keep it up, with that Chronic Wasting Disease getting closer.
I might have to go to a Beef/Pork Mix soon. We'll see.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great ! Not much shrink on those ,,, I like it . I do the mustard / ketchup mix some times . Nice change up . More good meals at your table .
Pickles .
Next time you shop , look for Nathans sweet horseradish chips .
Pretty good .

Thank You Rich!!
I never saw those around here, but I'll tell Mrs Bear to watch for them.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky