1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Deep South smoker seasoning

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by Bryant Reynolds, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Hello I am new to the forum and have a question for all of you.
    I have just won my first grand championship in a competition and the prize was a Deep South smoker. Which is awesome!!! But the question is on seasoning it , I assume it would be like my other smokers . Just want to be sure. Any help is appreciated

2. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wow. Nice smoker. Yes, the usual spray down or rub down of PAM or Lard followed by heating will do it. I would double or triple season them racks...JJ

Bryant Reynolds likes this.
  3. Thank you chef jimmy j, sounds like a good plan on the racks also. Can’t wait to get the smoke rolling on this one. Any tips on a good controller for it.

4. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

5. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I don't know much about controlers. I will defer to the more experienced members...JJ

6. The GC 28. Just got done seasoning it . That thing is awesome! Of course, I am used to cooking on cheap smokers .

7. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

WOW!
    No worries, you'll get used to the new one.
    Hella Nice smoker!

8. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Congratulations on winning the Grand Championship. Wow that must have an exciting experience. Can't wait to see that smoker in action.

Chris

9. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Yes Sir!
    Congratulations!
    Post some photo's of that new smoker!
    Al

10. 62AF3B51-47B2-4F5E-8382-19F99B863C13.jpeg C685F13D-4772-4F38-B882-C4D259122269.jpeg

gmc2003 likes this.
  11. Yes it was very exciting!

12. Nice... Congrads

13. oldsmokerdude

oldsmokerdude Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Congratulations!!! That is an awesome accomplishment and a nice prize to boot!

14. chef jimmyj

Sweet Smoker and congrats on the win...JJ