Dealing meats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cluckinchicken6

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 3, 2016
Texas
I work in the oilfield and most of the people I work with either don't know how to cook tasty food or don't have the capabilities to cook so I cook meat and sell it to people at a fair price because I enjoy doing it.
I smoke all sorts of stuff and bring it to work and sell to fund my meatscapades for my time off steaks and stuff does any one else do this kind of thing I've also been curing buckboard hams and I've been trying to put a price per pound on it due to everyone asking me to bring them some

It's called Catering 
biggrin.gif
 and yes, lots of folks do it around here. Be careful! Bringing lunch in for the guys is one thing and getting paid for it is a Business with associated responsibilities, Liabilities and obligations. Mess up and someone gets sick? You are in for a load of trouble and lawsuits, not to mention the State an Federal Tax boys paying you a visit...That said... Your Cost for anything that goes into the meal X 3 is pretty standard to determine a basic Sell Price.  That is meat, seasoning, sauce, sides and utensils, plates, etc....JJ

Last edited:
10-4 yea I'm not big time just a few racks of ribs every now and then I don't gouge them on prices just make sure they get that meat fix and come back for more barely have the time to cook but I make things happen.

I always break the number one rule of meat dealin never get high on your own supply I do it just to make sure it's ok for everyone else to eat

Last edited:
I like the term "Dealing meats"! So breaking bad! Conjures up images of a cook shack in the middle of the desert. Back Alley sales, oh yeah this could be a new tv show!
I always break the number one rule of meat dealin never get high on your own supply I do it just to make sure it's ok for everyone else to eat
I can see it now

Mean Streets Market Cafe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky