CSR's for dinner.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
I do enjoy country style boneless ribs. They can be cooked in many different ways. Yesterday I slow cooked them for sandwiches.

P2120561.jpg

3 pounds CSR's boneless with a rub of Pit boss Hickory bacon. And Sweet and spicy Sweet Baby Ray's

P2120562.jpg

P2120564.jpg

In the crock pot. But not quite ready. I just hate it when you empty a bottle of BBQ sauce. And half of it is still in the bottle. What to do?

P2120563.jpg

I put a 1/4 cup of old #7 in the bottle and shake it up. And into the pot it goes.

P2120565.jpg

Put crock pot on low. And let it go for 9 hours. Then shred it up.

P2120569.jpg

Dinner is served. Along with fries. The evil kind. Not air fried! Along with slaw.

Oh man Steve, that looks great! I'm a SBR guy and have the exact same crockpot, I'm gonna be a copycat on this for sure. Like, RAY

Man Steve that looks real good! Great idea on cleaning that bottle out! Lol. I bet that I bet the whiskey really took it to flavor town!

Man Steve that looks real good! Great idea on cleaning that bottle out! Lol. I bet that I bet the whiskey really took it to flavor town!

Thanks, the booze really put a nice taste to it alright!

Delicious looking meal Steve, my stomach is rumbling looking at that plate, especially that mountain of fries.

Good idea with the bottle, I learn something new everyday.

Delicious looking meal Steve, my stomach is rumbling looking at that plate, especially that mountain of fries.

Good idea with the bottle, I learn something new everyday.

Thank you!

Damn Steve that plated shot looks so good! I never thought about using CSR's for PP but a great idea! Along with the Jack! And don't worry about the fries...sometimes you just cant beat fried fries I cheat too!

Damn Steve that plated shot looks so good! I never thought about using CSR's for PP but a great idea! Along with the Jack! And don't worry about the fries...sometimes you just cant beat fried fries I cheat too!

Thank you! I've been using CSR's for PP for awhile now. And doing this in a crock pot is super easy.

That looks really good Steve. Ironically we had CSR last night as well. I cooked mine in the Yoder with Killer Hogs BBQ Rub. They were quite tasty with a medley of roasted veggies.

Yeah BBQ sauce not coming out of the bottle is frustrating but I've never had that issue with Whiskey. Seems to flow right into my glass until the bottle is empty.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky