Crawfish Boil!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks Freakin' Awesome!!!
drool.gif
drool.gif

Now I'm Jealous!!!
th_crybaby2.gif

Bear

The real fun for me was when the ladies who delivered ~15 gallons of shrimp were shelling them, and they gave me permission to take some shells. So, I walked over to my sister's kitchen and grabbed a stock pot, and made a big batch of shrimp stock.

What a fun video!!!!

This was a treat to see!

WOW!!!

Thanks for sharing!

I love that the man was dancing! And I loved when everything got spread across the table!

This is a food tradition which I have not yet been taught properly, or experienced full throttle, and so it's really educational and terrific for me to see!

Great post!!!!!

Cheers! - Leah

Oh dang, that's awesome & wish I were there ! Yes, I'am a little jealous ! Wow, what a feed ! :biggrin:

pitching tail and sucking head
icon14.gif
 I try to do one mudbug fest once a year. Getting a little spendy now a days. So we'll see what happens this year.

Terrific vid from Bayou country. That is how it is done. We do like to pass a good time back home, cher! 

Doing a 5 sacker later today. I'll try to get some pics and vids. 

Reactions: leah elisheva

Well we passed good time yesterday! Did the 5 sacks at my friends house who has a terrific setup, as you can see form the pics. 
Wow!!!

Awesome Job, and that's really some place your Buddy has!!!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Just Beautiful !!!

Thanks for the Views!!

Bear

Oh my God!!!! That all looks fantastic and the little dog in the purple coat as well! How adorable!

That feast though, wow! Now that's amazing!!!

I've never properly been taught this ritual with crawfish and thus always view it as if it's something out there in a movie even! Or something so different to my pattern and so new! How damn exciting!

Beautiful post!

Cheers! - Leah

I've got 50 pounds coming via 1st class plane ride from New Orleans on Saturday morning. Got the garlic, lemons, onions, mushrooms, potatoes, sausage, brussel sprouts, artichokes, and corn ready to go. Got some chicken to boil for the non shellfish eaters and a keg of beer in the kegerator all ready to go.

Cooking it all in zaterians pro boil, so flavor should be spot on

Just need to get Saturday here so I can get the bugs

Last edited:
They were great. A lot of my guest were saying they were ALMOST to spicy to eat (though it didn't slow them down. Personally I could have kicked it up a few more notches for my own taste, but didn't want to put a hurting on anyone. :devil:

I've got 50 pounds coming via 1st class plane ride from New Orleans on Saturday morning. Got the garlic, lemons, onions, mushrooms, potatoes, sausage, brussel sprouts, artichokes, and corn ready to go. Got some chicken to boil for the non shellfish eaters and a keg of beer in the kegerator all ready to go.

Cooking it all in zaterians pro boil, so flavor should be spot on

Just need to get Saturday here so I can get the bugs
you can take a whole head of cabbage, put it In a crawfish sack and leave it in for two boils and it is awsome. You can also put eggs in the boil, you will be amazed at the flavor/spice they absorb

you can take a whole head of cabbage, put it In a crawfish sack and leave it in for two boils and it is awsome. You can also put eggs in the boil, you will be amazed at the flavor/spice they absorb
I've seen all kinds of stuff in there; celery stalks, heads of cauliflower, artichokes, carrots.................

On another note, the leftover taters, corn, onions and garlic are good for all kinds of stuff too. Like tater salad, awesome corn maque choux, crawfish boil soup...............

You want really good, although its not old school, mushrooms. They soak up all that boil and are really good. All those things you list are just new ideas and all are good in the boil. Potatoes, onions, and corn are dang hard to beat.  AND the boiled garlic!

You want really good, although its not old school, mushrooms. They soak up all that boil and are really good. All those things you list are just new ideas and all are good in the boil. Potatoes, onions, and corn are dang hard to beat.  AND the boiled garlic!
I am with you foam.The only new school things I put in mine are sausage and said mushrooms (check the photos). Lemons, onions, garlic, taters, corn, mushrooms and sausage. I am not after flavoring all kinds of other stuff (cauliflower, cabbage, etc) I am worried about what all that other stuff does to my crawfish flavor! I have some friends that like to put jalapenos in and we almost come to blows about it. Talk about imparting a strong flavor. I like jalapenos on my nachos and other mexican dishes, but damn sure not my crawfish! And I damn sure don't need the heat from the japs. That's what cayenne is for, dang it!!!

Last edited:
We actually wait til after the crawfish, just like after grilling I hate to waste the hot coals or in this case a crawfish pot big enough to hold 50# of crawfish, we find anything we can cook. We have even put a whole chicken in the pot after we are done just to make crawfish boil chicken salad the next day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky