Crab Stuffed Salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Stuffed some salmon with a cream cheese and crab claw meat mixture. Will finish these in smoke. It’s birthday dinner for my youngest. He. Turned 18. What a milestone, and while he could have anything he wanted for supper, he chose the salmon.

IMG_1973.jpeg

Very nice, Eric and Happy Birthday to the young man. We eat a lot of seafood, but salmon is the one thing my wife doesn't really care for except for cold smoked and thinly sliced. She says it's too slimy when cooked rare. But I love it anyway it can be prepared...

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Thank you to everyone for the kind words and likes, I very much appreciate it. Sorry no plate shot but (per his request) we had fried Yukon potatoes and steamed green beans for sides. Here is the recipe for the crab stuffing.

Crab Stuffing:

8oz. Cream cheese
3-4 sprigs fresh dill minced
3 med cloves garlic minced
juice of half a lemon (zest is a good add also)
1 egg
2 green onion stalks minced
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan Reggiano (I use a zester so it’s very fluffy and bulky)
1/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
fresh cracked black pepper.

Mix well then add one pound of crab claw meat and gently incorporate.

Reactions: indaswamp
First Happy Birthday to the young man, and second that salmon looks and sounds great Eric. I've never seen salmon stuffed that way. It's usually pin-wheeled around here. Boy 18 in my day that was the date you signed up for the selective service and you could go to the bars legally.

Point for sure
Chris

When I turned 18 we could:

1) buy a pitcher of 3.2 beer at the pizza joint and watch everyone cruising.
2) selective service sign up
3) buy a pack of smokes( chew was my thing)
4) buy a long gun and ammo.

Those were big things for some reason, but today here, no tobacco till 21( not a bad thing)
They have moved the age of long gun purchases to 21,
Alcohol is all 21

So really all he has to look forward to at the milestone is, sign up for selective service and high school graduation. I think he also gains 2 points on his drivers license. That’s pretty much it.

Happy birthday to your son!
Bet he devoured that meal! Not a huge fan of salmon but I'd sure give it a try!

Ryan

Yeah, next time I cook salmon I'm doing some this way for me and some unstuffed for the wife since she won't eat shellfish. She does eat crab rangoon off the Chinese buffet (says that's different cause she didn't know what it was before she decided it was good), so maybe I could sneak it in, but she will ask what the stuffing is.

Thank you to everyone for the kind words and likes, I very much appreciate it. Sorry no plate shot but (per his request) we had fried Yukon potatoes and steamed green beans for sides. Here is the recipe for the crab stuffing.

Crab Stuffing:

8oz. Cream cheese
3-4 sprigs fresh dill minced
3 med cloves garlic minced
juice of half a lemon (zest is a good add also)
1 egg
2 green onion stalks minced
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan Reggiano (I use a zester so it’s very fluffy and bulky)
1/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
fresh cracked black pepper.

Mix well then add one pound of crab claw meat and gently incorporate.
Skip the salmon and just patty out the stuffing and fry it up as crab cakes, lol.

Skip the salmon and just patty out the stuffing and fry it up as crab cakes, lol.
That would work with a few adjustments in the mix, that said it is rich and delicious. I did have about a good 1/4 c left over that I saved for a salad or something.

Reactions: DougE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky