Surf-N-Turff

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Wife and I passed our 26th year Anny a few days ago and decided to have a nice meal with the family. The pictures are crappy and I didn’t follow with the process well because things were busy, but I know you all love pics so here we go.

Did some crab stuffed portobello mushrooms. Some onion, bell pepper, garlic sautéed in butter and white wine. Then cooled and mixed with crab claw meat, panko, mayo and Parmesan cheese.

183A31CA-993C-4582-A23D-939B103278F8.jpeg

Mushrooms were kinda braised in a red wine reduction then stuffed.

3CE06AC2-2D4F-4953-BD96-9D68AF19AAC3.jpeg

These were broiled to brown.

EFFF13B6-570A-4AC8-9E2D-C88B6DF8F294.jpeg

My melting potatoes in duck fat.

C1F829F3-AD6A-47F9-8010-F1E2D098E1BA.jpeg

Then lobster tails soaked in butter, garlic, lemon juice and parsley. Then on the Yoder to finish.
B17FA3A0-9AE6-463E-9DEA-7EE0E93DAFFD.jpeg

The steak was T-bone and cooked to a perfect medium-ish rare.

0D15AE8F-0AA4-49FA-A24D-47C3DA467F8A.jpeg

Terrible plate pic but here we are with a simple salad. Was delicious.

81B857E9-A7B9-40A8-9282-E045F0D7EC69.jpeg

Beautiful meal, it all looks delicious!
And congratulations on your anniversary!

Ryan

Reactions: SmokinEdge
WOW!! Gorgeous meal Eric. The whole concept is 5-star decadence and had to have made for one excellent meal. Congrats on the anniversary. Tracy and I hit 15 years a couple days ago but we didn't have a meal like that to celebrate :emoji_laughing:

The steak was T-bone
Of course I cannot gauge the size of them from a pic but those look like they would qualify as a Porterhouse...the granddaddy of all steaks.

Robert

26 years?? WOW!! That's quite an accomplishment in today's world for sure and a heck of a nice way to celebrate and with family, as well!! It doesn't get much better than that. Here's to many, many more...:emoji_fireworks:

Congrats on the 26 years! And holy smokes that looks might good! Oh and T-bones must have been in the air yesterday! Those mushrooms looked like perfect flavor bombs!

Congrats on 26yrs! That meal looks fantastic… probably not leaving ya anytime soon when the cook looks like that 😁
Thank you. Yeah my skills in the kitchen have bailed me out of more than one jam with the Mrs.

Beautiful meal, it all looks delicious!
And congratulations on your anniversary!

Ryan
Thank you Ryan. I appreciate that.

Congrats, and that's one heck of a feast you whooped up. Everything looks outstanding!
Thank you Doug. The Mrs made the menu I was just following orders.

Everything looks delicious. Congratulations on your 26th anniversary.
Thank you Peachey.

Wow looks great. Congratulations on the 26 years. A Milestone that sadly not many reach anymore.
Thank you. Yeah she’s lucky I found her.

Congrats!! I'm with FB, its nice to see people make it work. Here's to another 26!!!
Thank you. I appreciate that.

WOW!! Gorgeous meal Eric. The whole concept is 5-star decadence and had to have made for one excellent meal. Congrats on the anniversary. Tracy and I hit 15 years a couple days ago but we didn't have a meal like that to celebrate :emoji_laughing:

Of course I cannot gauge the size of them from a pic but those look like they would qualify as a Porterhouse...the granddaddy of all steaks.

Robert
Thank you Robert. That whole meal was what the “war department “ ordered, and you know we gotta keep them happy.

I would easy call the steaks porterhouses too. I have a local market that cuts these and labels them T-bone and prices accordingly, I don’t argue with them.

26 years?? WOW!! That's quite an accomplishment in today's world for sure and a heck of a nice way to celebrate and with family, as well!! It doesn't get much better than that. Here's to many, many more...:emoji_fireworks:

Thank you Charles. I don’t really know where the time has gone, but in that time we were blessed with growing together and not apart. Not many lifers out there for sure. Thanks again.

Great looking meal and congrats on the 26th anniversary.
Thank you, I appreciate that.

Congrats on the 26 years! And holy smokes that looks might good! Oh and T-bones must have been in the air yesterday! Those mushrooms looked like perfect flavor bombs!
Thank you civil. Your T-bones didn’t look like they were missing a thing.
The mushrooms are very rich and a bit intense but yeah, flavor bomb fits well.

Reactions: civilsmoker
Thank you Charles. I don’t really know where the time has gone, but in that time we were blessed with growing together and not apart. Not many lifers out there for sure.
Yes Eric, not very many lifers any more. These days, so many people view everything as disposable, including marriage...

Congrats on the 26 years! You have a ways to go to catch us - will be 56 for us in September.
Yup, you guys are the great ones. My folks were 41 years when my Dad passed in 2010. They would be right there with you. A tremendous inspiration and role model. God Bless the married for life crowd.

Superb looking meal Eric and congratulations on the 26th.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky