Covid Vaccine ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about we let people voice their opinion on the topic whether it goes with or against the popular view of others.

How about we keep it on track and not try to derail it or inject politics into it. You have the right to feel however you want about our Government but it's against SMF rules to tell us about it.

I'm going to unlock this thread and let's keep it on track

I'll be getting the shot next week. I was finally to get an appointment for Weds and then went to the pharmacy and found out that they are going to have the J&J
flavor sometime next week. I'll check with them thru Weds and hopefully I can get the one and done single dose version.

I got my second dose a couple days ago actually the 4th which was 21 days after the first one Pfizer. Had zero reaction to both not even the sore arm

Got my first no reaction, didn't even feel it.
Richie
4 more weeks to wait

Reactions: chopsaw
First shot, sore arm & a bit tired that day, next day perfect. Second shot, sore arm but second day pretty achy all over. Third day back to normal! Appointment time in my county was a 5-6 week wait so I went one county over and bam, got one 4 days out. Both times I walked in, got jabbed & walked out after the mandatory 15 minutes wait. This was the pfizer vaccine.

I'm 68 with no known health issues. I'm choosing to cautiously wait for the J&J to hit rural Alabama. I still get out and about on a regular basis with precautions (mask, distance, washing when returning. etc.). No trust here. I was never a good "follower"...

Everyone has to follow their own path. FYI, believe I read that the stated effectiveness of the single injection J&J is less than either Pfizer or Moderna versions.

Reactions: chopsaw
Everyone has to follow their own path. FYI, believe I read that the stated effectiveness of the single injection J&J is less than either Pfizer or Moderna versions.
Agreed on all counts. I'm not a fan of the RmNA technology. If I chose a vaccine, it'll be JnJ
Fun to see what the group is doing though... as long as we can be open and kind about it.

Don't quote me, but the way I heard it:
J & J is 72% effective in the US.
Pfizer 95% and Modena 94%.
However it reads like J & J knocks it down to only about as sick as we get from FLU.
Because they mentioned there were ZERO Deaths & No ICU inhabitants for those tested with J & J.

I could be wrong, but that's what I got from a brief description.
Anybody else hear that, or was I Drunk or Dreaming?

BTW: In my area, you get what they give you at the place you finally get an appointment with.

Bear

Reactions: schlotz
I think you're pretty close . Has something to do with testing trials " I think " and the time period they were done .

Once you dig & scratch for months to get a vaccination, especially with my long list of Comorbidities, any of those top 3 will do.
However if I had a choice, I would have taken the Pfizer, but only because that's what the Drs & Nurses around my neck of the woods got. And I figure if they're happy with it, I should be too. Nevertheless I got Moderna, and I'm still happy---Finally!!

Bear

Wife booked me an appointment for April 12, dealers choice when you get there on what shot you get. NH finally made teachers a priority for the shot after giving ski instructors first priority as soon as it was released...won't go there politically. My son has been teaching PE/health in person since the beginning of school year. Shot is a little late for him as recent blood work showed he already had Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky