Covid Vaccine ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daughter just called and said starting at midnight tonight you can sign up at Walmart to get an appointment . To many doses going in the trash here . Maybe they wised up . I'm going to check into it .

Daughter just called and said starting at midnight tonight you can sign up at Walmart to get an appointment . To many doses going in the trash here . Maybe they wised up . I'm going to check into it .

This must be the push time:
After getting ours last Monday, and having been on 4 lists for months, now they're coming in my email. Another one of them just came in an hour ago, showing all times for next week are available. That one would have been about 22 miles from here (My Birth-town).
The ones we got were only about 5 miles from here, in Macungie.

Seems like everybody is starting to get them available.
Help is on the Way.

Bear

Reactions: MJB05615
In FL there are lots of places giving the injections heck they are even doing some drive through places. Walmart, grocery chains, CVS, Walgreens, lots of different places saw on the news this morning that another 150 CVS stores in the state are going to be giving them and they already had a bunch of their stores giving them

I still on the outside looking in for the vaccine. I think VT is at age 65 currently - so I should be in the next group or so. From what I've read, and if I had a choice. I think I would go for the JJ vaccine. Supposedly it protects better against the newer strains.

Chris

Chris,

I understand, and respect, what you're saying about the J&J vaccine possibly being better against the new variants which have appeared in the U.S., but I tend to disagree somewhat since, at this point, there really is no hard data comparing all 3 producers equally on the question of which is superior with the currently known variants that have appeared to originate in the U.K, South Africa, and Brazil..

There are a number of reasons for me saying that but, to me, the most significant factor lies with the timing of the crucial Pfase-3 trials relative to the appearance of the variants in the U.S. Both Pfizer and Moderna ran their Phase-3 trials for a 4 month period from late July, 2020 to late November, 2020. The 4 month Phase-3 trials for J&J from late September, 2020 to late January, 2021.

The U.K. variant first emerged in early October, 2020 and was first detected in the U.S. in late December, 2020,. The South African variant also first emerged in early October, 2020 and was first detected in the U.S. in late January, 2021. The Brazilian variant first emerged in early January, 2021 and was first detected in the U.S. in late January, 2021. In short, making direct comparisons is a bit like comparing apples and oranges. The Pfizer and Moderna' vaccines were tested before the emergence of the new variants, and the J&J vaccine was was still being tested when the variants began making the rounds. Also, the focus of the J&J testing pertaining to the variants, compared to the total population of their overall test base, was very limited.

So, I'll say again, take whatever vaccine is offered as soon as it's available to you and don't concern yourself too much about which one is best. It's a whole new world we're in now in now and far too early in the game to second guess things.

Chris,

I understand, and respect, what you're saying about the J&J vaccine possibly being better against the new variants which have appeared in the U.S., but I tend to disagree somewhat since, at this point, there really is no hard data comparing all 3 producers equally on the question of which is superior with the currently known variants that have appeared to originate in the U.K, South Africa, and Brazil..

There are a number of reasons for me saying that but, to me, the most significant factor lies with the timing of the crucial Pfase-3 trials relative to the appearance of the variants in the U.S. Both Pfizer and Moderna ran their Phase-3 trials for a 4 month period from late July, 2020 to late November, 2020. The 4 month Phase-3 trials for J&J from late September, 2020 to late January, 2021.

The U.K. variant first emerged in early October, 2020 and was first detected in the U.S. in late December, 2020,. The South African variant also first emerged in early October, 2020 and was first detected in the U.S. in late January, 2021. The Brazilian variant first emerged in early January, 2021 and was first detected in the U.S. in late January, 2021. In short, making direct comparisons is a bit like comparing apples and oranges. The Pfizer and Moderna' vaccines were tested before the emergence of the new variants, and the J&J vaccine was was still being tested when the variants began making the rounds. Also, the focus of the J&J testing pertaining to the variants, compared to the total population of their overall test base, was very limited.

So, I'll say again, take whatever vaccine is offered as soon as it's available to you and don't concern yourself too much about which one is best. It's a whole new world we're in now in now and far too early in the game to second guess things.
I agree take whatever you can it is a step in the right direction!! You can always get a booster later on if it comes down to that.
Richie

I suspected my wife and I acquired Covid-19 before testing began in early 2020 due to the recurring issues we've had. I explained this earlier.

So, it has now been 9 days since my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine. The bad news/good news is that today, 9 days after the first shot, is the first day I've felt even close to normal. The vaccine side effects for me were all the long-term cyclic issues people have mentioned (fatigue, headaches, muscle/joint pain, intestinal, etc). My wife is literally reading an article to me as I type that states long-termers have experienced a major decrease in long-term symptoms after a 7-10 day reaction to the first shot. The article finishes by stating the results are all anecdotal at this time as no studies have yet been published. So, add my name to the anecdotal evidence.

I was hoping the vaccine would eliminate the long-term issues. I'm really not looking forward to the second shot, but will endure the side effects if it makes me feel better in the long-run.

Interesting factoid, my wife, who has not yet been vaccinated due to her slightly younger age, experienced major cyclic issues starting and stopping as mine did to the day. Any guess why would be anecdotal.

Sorry it’s been that difficult. Both my wife’s 1st Moderna and my 1st Pfizer similar ... just a couple days of fatigue and headache, she had more body aches than I did. She gets her second this weekend after 4 weeks, but I only wait 3 weeks in between with Pfizer.
Recently opened to group 4 here, and talking even broader ... as others said too many no shows or open appt slots.

Well, We both had our first Moderna shot last Monday:
Mrs Bear had a sore arm for 3 or 4 days.
I didn't even feel a pinch when they shot me, but the next day I had slight swelling around the shot area. It was about 2 1/2" in diameter, and that area was somewhat hard. It only felt like a bruise if you pushed on it. Completely gone on the 4th day.

Bear

Reactions: MJB05615
Vaccinefinder.org will tell you where the three vaccines are available closest to you. I’ve settled on Phizer at Kroger’s where briskets are on sale all week! $1.99#. Both the brisket and my self will then be injected.

That's a Great Site, for anybody still looking!!
I bookmarked it for next time!
Don't get those injections mixed up. :emoji_wink:

Bear

I was able to get my 79 year old mom her shot of J&J at a FEMA run site here in Jacksonville today... Place was being run by military personnel and was very efficient .. 26 minutes total from arriving to leaving.. No appointment required.. Nice to get that off my list.. Maybe I will be in the next group. :emoji_thumbsup:

Got the 1st Pfizer poke today, 2nd will be on the 31st. 65 and over group. It was at the local fairgrounds. Stood in line outside (covered area) for 2 hrs and then it took about 20 minutes when I got inside. i was told that that was as backed up as its been so far. My luck...
It was 52* outside and it was amazing how many people showed up in T-shirts. They paid for it. My BIL actually got his last month 45 minutes before his appointment but the nurse told me that they were doing 700-800 shots a day last month compared to 2500 a day this month. They're planning on 5000 daily next month.

i am getting my first dealers choice shot on Monday, but my 86 YO mother has not been able to secure her first shot in pike county PA yet???

Looks like a lot of them in Stroudsburg & East Stroudsburg.
Also "ShopRite" Pharmacy in Mount Pocono ??

Bear

How about we keep it on track and not try to derail it or inject politics into it. You have the right to feel however you want about our Government but it's against SMF rules to tell us about it.

I'm going to unlock this thread and let's keep it on track
thanks for straightening that out. It gets annoying fast

Reactions: Bearcarver
Have to be 65 and up here to get the shot. I just finished round 2 of Pfizer today. My wife doesn’t qualify. They have a long way to go to get to people In their late 20s.

Reactions: pc farmer
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky