• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Covid Vaccine ?

negolien

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 1, 2020
I had my 2nd shot already 51 year old 2 time cancer survivor security guard who takes care of disabled 75 year old mother so /shrug around lots of people and in high risk category. I' am not worried to begin with but/whatever .... I need to be able to work and whatever gets me there. Soo many lemmings..

Last edited by a moderator:

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
We're due to get the second Pfizer dose on March 16th Richie, tho we have to drive 50 miles to get it. We're looking every day to see if something opens up closer to home, we got the first dose last week three miles from our house. RAY

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
I am getting mine thru the VA, it is about an hour drive for me. I just got into the Ma. VA system last week.
Richie
Glad to see your all trying to stay safe

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
I will get my 2nd Pfizer shot this Saturday. No issues with 1st except a bruise on the arm that is still visible.
Neither of us had any ill effects after the first shot. I have two friends that were down and out the next day following their second vaccine, so we'll have to see.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Judy & I both got our second shot about 3 weeks ago. No ill effects at all. We got the Moderna vaccine.
Al

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
I am not worried about side effects Thank You
Richie

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Got my first Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. Came home and got REAL tired. Fell asleep HARD for two hours. Arm sore as heck today. No other issues so far.

Next one in three weeks. Appt set.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I am not concerned with side effects. Just glad to see people getting the shots
Richie

Yeah, LOL, after getting those shots in Basic Training, from those guns, nothing could be worse. The guns looked like the "Binks" Air Assisted Airless Gun We used to spray my Kitchen cabinets. And I swear the one shot I got passed a Volkswagen into my Arm!!

Bear

texomakid

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 6, 2017
I finally got scheduled for Thursday (March 4) for the 1st round. MIL & my mother (both 80) have completed their shots - one on Moderna & the other on Pfizer. They both breezed right though both shots with only a bit of soreness.

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
The Mrs. got her second shot (Pfizer) this morning. She feels a little tired but that's all. I get my second (also Pfizer) on Sunday.
Two of her daughters in TN (health care workers) got sick the next day after their second shot of Moderna and were OK the next day, but we have neighbors in their 70s and 80s who had no issues at all with Moderna.
I'm impressed how the states are handling this, at least Indiana. They aren't messing around.
If the Federal Gov. stays out of it this will go smoothly and quicker than anyone expected.

Braz

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 25, 2017
Got the second Pfizer shot Friday. No side effects other than a little soreness at the injection site. Wife was very tired after the first one. I'm always tired so I couldn't really tell.

Here ya go Bear. I got mine at Ft. Leonard Wood.
127635355_10224808192372977_6465474696536620339_o.jpg

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 1, 2019
We're scheduled for our 2nd shot of the Pfizer vaccine in 2 weeks. Both of us were a little tired the day of the shot.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 1, 2019
Got the second Pfizer shot Friday. No side effects other than a little soreness at the injection site. Wife was very tired after the first one. I'm always tired so I couldn't really tell.

Here ya go Bear. I got mine at Ft. Leonard Wood. View attachment 487545
I remember that unit, and have the scar to prove it! They called us to the cafeteria one class at a time and marched us in single file in one door and out the other.

dls1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 6, 2012
I got my 2nd shot (Pfizer) Sunday, 2/28, and my wife got hers yesterday, 3/1. I had zero issues with either shot but my wife, not surprisingly, complained a lot about her arm being very sore both times because, well, that's the way she is.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.