Country style pork ribs.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Country style ribs can be a couple of different cuts. Are yours cut from the loin or the butt? Pic would help

Butt is what the sign said. Here are pictures.
20211011_194014.jpg
20211011_194023.jpg

These are my wife’s favorite food. Hands down. I rub them down with a nice balanced rub, then toss them on the Weber with some hardwood charcoal and a few hunks of hickory… keep it low, around 250, turning every so often until almost done. Then I open the vents up, let her start getting hot and sauce the ribs, close, rotate, sauce, close, repeat several times until they have a nice glaze with a little caramelization. Pull em, rest for a few and eat.

Hmm, where is the bone?
I haven't used country style in many years and they were always boneless cut from the shoulder (butt).
Still need low and slow as aneura aneura posted to break the connective tissue and cook through the bone.
I tried straight grilling and they were tough and chewy
Very easy to over season

Reactions: TNJAKE
Post your results. I have thrown in the towel on those things. Just can't get them tender. I think they need to be braised after getting some smoke in sauce.
Brian, I have had great results using the sous vide - 145 degrees F (60 degrees C); cook for 8 - 10 hours. Then sauce and carmalize over the grill or broiler.

What Jake and Al said!!

I would season smoke to IT 165 or so @ 200 - 225 then wrap for 90 mins with a fav sauce then finish for 60 mins at 225 glazing them the last 30 min....YUM

Last edited:
Reactions: TNJAKE
That's the cut I usually use to make jerk pork. Lots of surface area available for seasoning & smoke.

Yeah, besides the obvious, if you like sauekraut, season the CSRs with some SPOG and dryed thyme and give them a good hot sear then drop them in a crockpot with kraut and onions.
You can add potatoes too.
Let it all roll until the CSRs are probe tender...8-10 hrs on low or 5-6 hrs on high.
Or, if you have an Instant Pot 20-30 minutes on high pressure.

Reactions: Fueling Around
Yeah, besides the obvious, if you like sauekraut, season the CSRs with some SPOG and dryed thyme and give them a good hot sear then drop them in a crockpot with kraut and onions.
You can add potatoes too.
Let it all roll until the CSRs are probe tender...8-10 hrs on low or 5-6 hrs on high.
Or, if you have an Instant Pot 20-30 minutes on high pressure.
Great suggestion.
I completely forgot about slow cooker with sauerkraut.
Don't forget to add slices from an apple or two

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky