• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Compressor issues

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Same as the pipe fitters add at your gas appliances
I guess your garage is heated?
No , no heat in the garage . I did residential HVAC for awhile ( before I worked as a mechanic , before Carpenters ) that drop at the furnace is mostly for rust chips / dirt so it doesnt reach the burners .
That would be a preventative add on for this for sure . Used to have an inline moisture trap and oiler coming out of the compressor , but took it off when we moved . Planned on mounting it on the wall , but never got to it . It's here somewhere .
Need to look into that , good thinking . I actually want to put ball valve shut off in the garage . The hard pipe is a nice way to set it up . Add on a reel , and it's perfect .
 
its about 10ft. If I hard line it then there will be a pipe with two hoses, if I use a 25' hose that is less connections.
The logic behind hard line is to prevent incidental damage cuz, ..it happens. Actually just as easy to plumb pipe versus hanging a rubber line.
Plus you can make more hookups if needed. I'm guessing 50" hung over head will reach every corner of your workspace?
Reason I asked the height was if you added more hose to the 50" in the reel the spring may not have enough strength to retract all the hose.
I did applications years ago of ceiling mounted reels on 20' ceiling. We added another 15' of hose for the drop. Cheaper reels failed from the added hose.
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back
Top
Clicky