I need a tire inflator

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
But the B&D is 3 in 1... 20v B&D Battery... 12v for car battery... Or electric... That would be my choice since you already have plenty of B&D corless tools...

Last edited:
Reactions: zwiller

VIAIR 89P-RVS (Class B RVs)​

• Duty Cycle: 25 Min @30 PSI
  • Max. Working Pressure: 120 PSI
  • Max. Amp Draw: 20 Amps
  • Power Cord: 10 ft.
  • Pre-installed Air Hose: 20 ft with twist-on chuck
Yes, the one a spoke about above has a 10' power cord and a 20' hose so you can reach out 30'

This model is designed for small campers and trailers so you can reach all the tires.

I looked around and did a lot of research before I bought one and this one seem to fill all my needs.

Reactions: radioguy
Me too . Great tools . I like the " one battery " system . 18v or double up for 36v .
I just might need to grab the air pump .
I am too entrenched in Ryobi now, I hope one day my son buys a place and I can gift him my stuff and step up to the Milwaukee M!18 stuff.

Reactions: chopsaw
I am disappointed in the little Milwaukee M12 inflator. It worked great, set your pressure and walk away auto shut off. Pump died after about 2 years period use.

We upgraded the travel trailer last fall. This one has tires running 120psi. Tires and proper inflation is very important when towing. I bought a ViAir. Nicely built 12v and long hose.

RG

I am disappointed in the little Milwaukee M12 inflator. It worked great, set your pressure and walk away auto shut off. Pump died after about 2 years period use.

We upgraded the travel trailer last fall. This one has tires running 120psi. Tires and proper inflation is very important when towing. I bought a ViAir. Nicely built 12v and long hose.

RG

I got the B&D before noon yesterday. My Skeeter boat has sat for a while and the tires rated for 50 psi were down to 35# . I hooked it up, set it for 50 and it got them aired up.

Its suppose to air to 35# quickly but slows down above that, and I found that to be the case. It took a while. But when I hooked it up to the spare tire, it ran a while and then shut down. I got an E6 error code, which through trial and error I found to be the battery was discharged. I put another battery in and finished.

But running it that long, is gonna be rare. This is much better than my old compressor.

I'm very impressed with Home Depot. This is two weeks in a row I've used their " delivery " option and its been one day, just as advertised. And its free, even for the $23 order I placed last week just to test them out.

Reactions: Colin1230
I love my Milwaukee 18 volt fuel compressor. Rated for 150 PSI.
112247.jpg

Harbor Freight makes one for their Bauer line that runs off the Bauer 20v batteries or 12v corded that gets decent reviews.

I wish they would release a similar inflator in the Hercules line since I already have a few tools and batteries and am satisfied with all.

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
I love my Milwaukee 18 volt fuel compressor. Rated for 150 PSI.
View attachment 697388
Yep, that's the one I got. One of the best tools I've bought in years. Sold my 30 gal. Snap-On upright compressor a few years ago and replaced it with a Craftsman pancake to run pneumatic tools. That was a good move and now this. My life is getting easier.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Harbor Freight makes one for their Bauer line that runs off the Bauer 20v batteries or 12v corded that gets decent reviews.

I wish they would release a similar inflator in the Hercules line since I already have a few tools and batteries and am satisfied with all.
I was about to go to HF and get the nicer 20V Bauer ($40 on sale) since you can get it free if you buy the battery and charger starter kit $99.

I changed my mind and bought the Dewalt 20V max high power inflator ($118) from Amazon for not much more since I already have a bunch of batteries and a high capacity charger. I will get it tomorrow.

I have a tent trailer on the side of the house that has just been opened up and about to get used. The tires are half flat and it is a PITA to get the hose from the garage compressor to that area. This will be easier and it will be useful for years to come.

dewalt_20Vmax_aircompressor_02.jpg

Last edited:
I was about to go to HF and get the nicer 20V Bauer ($40 on sale) since you can get it free if you buy the battery and charger starter kit $99.

I changed my mind and bought the Dewalt 20V max high power inflator ($118) from Amazon for not much more since I already have a bunch of batteries and a high capacity charger. I will get it tomorrow.

I have a tent trailer on the side of the house that has just been opened up and about to get used. The tires are half flat and it is a PITA to get the hose from the garage compressor to that area. This will be easier and it will be useful for years to come.

View attachment 697467
No real point in going to another battery system if you can get the tool you need that works with the ones you have already.

Mainly why I said I wish HF would make a similar inflator that works with the Hercules batteries. I already got them (mainly for the ultra torque impact ..... it's a beast) and I've added a few more things. I also have Porter Cable tools and batteries.

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
I got it in and it seems pretty decent. I will have to give it a test in the next day or two.

I will compare it to the high pressure Master Flow that I have had for 15-20 years that I use to air up the large tires on my 4Runner after off-roading. That one needs a large 12V battery nearby to do it's job where the Dewalt uses 20V or 60V flex batteries. It has a freshly charged 20V max 5AH battery attached to it right now.

A bonus is it has two sides, a high pressure side for tires and such and a low pressure side for balls, inflatables and more.

protable_air_compressors.jpg

I got it in and it seems pretty decent. I will have to give it a test in the next day or two.

A bonus is it has two sides, a high pressure side for tires and such and a low pressure side for balls, inflatables and more.

The B&D had the same feature.

I thought I would've liked the Dewalt screw on adapter for high pressure, rather than the levered clip the B&D uses. My bicycle tire air pump has the lever and I battle with that thing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky