Comfort Food For The Soul !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
With the holidays over I already miss creating tasty concoctions.

Sooooo since I have the day off I decided to make my favorite comfort food. . . Halupkis!

Separating the leaves from the cabbage heads

IMG_0222.jpg

Beef & Pork NOTE: The dark spot on the Eye of Round is a speck of parsley, not a fly.

IMG_0224.jpg

Liquid ingredients

IMG_0220.jpg

Ground meats

IMG_0227.jpg

Sauce

IMG_0221.jpg

Ready to combine along with the rice

IMG_0230.jpg

Looking Good!

IMG_0231.jpg

Rolled & waiting!

IMG_0232.jpg

NOW ready for the oven

IMG_0233.jpg

After 2.5 hours @ 350˚

IMG_0135.jpg

Now comes the best part. . . . My soul feels very comfortable!

IMG_0136.jpg

I didn't include the recipe but if you send me your address via Private Message or email, I will be happy to send you the step by step for this wonderful dish.

Easy to make and well worth the effort!

Happy New Year Everyone!

John BandCollector BandCollector
[email protected]

Last edited:
I knew you were from PA after seeing this post. Grew up eating these since my Mom would make them (she's Lithuanian and Polish). Very well done! Are you of Eastern European descent?

That's a beautiful dish, I love Greek food, I can imagine the flavors, they would warm the soul! That would be a wonderful meal to sit down to, Like. RAY

Great looking Halupkis!! I grew up on those and still eat them from time to time.

Awesome and congrats on the carousel ride.

Comfort food at it's finest!
My grandparents came from Germany and my mother would make cabbage rolls. I've never heard them called Halupkis, but they look very similar. I could eat those every day.

Holy smokes, I haven’t seen those since my mom made them as a kid!!

Nice work!

Looks great! I have been making and eating Grandma's Old Country recipe since I was a kid. But I am always interested in how other folks make them...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky