Cleaning secrets or not!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timan

Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
So the Thanksgiving smoke is history! Two spatchcocked turkeys and three rack of rips. The Yoder is cool and a mess inside. 

So, how clean is your smoker? Do you do nothing and just let it build up? Do you knock off the tops and let it ride... Or do like that shiny chrome and steel to greet you the next time you open it up?

What are your cleaning secrets?

Happy leftovers!

Timan

Yoder 640

I clean the grates, Knock off anything that looks like it might fall. Then I give it a good heat run up before the next smoke to kill the bad stuff.

Happy smoken.

David
+1
yeahthat.gif

I'm in the "clean the grates" camp. I also clean the diffuser as it gets the most funky and crusty. The inside walls of the mini are a dark mahogany brown and I like it that way.

I let the grates burn off after removing the grub as the coals burn out. Will use the wire brush and burn off any residue on the next cook using the charcoal grill. On the smokers I'm lazy and try to keep grease/drips to a minimum. especially on the pellet smoker. I'm a big fan of these available from Home Depot.....they can be flipped and used again if not to nasty and cut down in size to fit a smaller butt so become more cost effective. Pack of 12 lasts me a long time....http://www.homedepot.com/p/Clean-BBQ-Disposable-Aluminum-Grill-Liner-12212/202533766

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky